SM64 Help Thread « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Is there a way to disable Tweaks like "Skip Title Screen"?
Quote:I never said "here is my rom pls fix"

(21-08-2017, 04:25 PM)Jecket Wrote: Is there a way to disable Tweaks like "Skip Title Screen"?

The code is at 269ECC, you can figure this out by simply looking at the tweak data. If you wish to revert it, go to it in a hex editor on your edited ROM and then do the same thing in an unedited 64mb ROM. Copy  the code from the unedited ROM and paste it in the edited ROM. You have replaced the following code with the code from the undedited ROM. 01 10 00 14 00 26 9E A0 00 26 A3 A0 14 00 00 78. Follow these same basic steps to revert more tweaks.
Almost everyone here is a beta tester, so if you're interested in this hack, I recommend you join!

12: Question 
Hey, i just got a great idea, what if we could insert Cheat Codes into a rom hack?
I did wanted to use this Code for my rom hack and wanted to insert it inside, without editing it in the emulator manually.

Dear Moderators and other staff's,
if there is already a way/Thread about this, feel free to delete this, or move anywhere else.

If you may ask "why tho?", i am just using a few EXPLOSIVE cheats for my extreme version of SM66.

I did like to hear a answer about this thread. Smile
Quote:I never said "here is my rom pls fix"

You certainly can insert cheat codes into a ROM hack. The one you reference here looks like it is merely writing new MIPS code to 0x8033D2D0 be run and hooks it in at 0x800EE060. All codes of format 81XXXXXX YYYY write the 16-bit value YYYY to address XXXXXX (See Secrets of Professional Gameshark Hacking for more info). So you can do the same by writing the code to ROM. Since most of the GS codes are contiguous, I'd recommend merging all the YYYY values and disassembling the code so you can understand how it works better. The hook at 0x800EE060 is in the middle of a behavior script, probably replacing Mario's behavior (which starts at 0x21ccc0 in ROM).

Hello, i have a problem when i try to import an obj file with Super Mario 64 editor 2.0.7:

when i select the model i get an error message that says: "exception not handled by the application, click continue to ignore the error and attempt to go on

"126000090" is not a valid value for 'red'. 'red' must be bigger or equal to 0 and minor or equal to 255'

Anyone knows what is the issue?
Thanks in advance

(30-08-2017, 08:48 AM)Nerghray Wrote: Hello, i have a problem when i try to import an obj file with Super Mario 64 editor 2.0.7:

when i select the model i get an error message that says: "exception not handled by the application, click continue to ignore the error and attempt to go on

"126000090" is not a valid value for 'red'. 'red' must be bigger or equal to 0 and minor or equal to 255'

Anyone knows what is the issue?
Thanks in advance

Check your collision model, it could be that there is a 100% red texture and the importer does not seem to like that. I had this problem with a white/no texure
[Image: bdebae7cba.jpg]

Also heres my Youtube.. I started a Tutorial series on how to make super sexy custom Levels.

thank you, problem solved, and i have maybe a little noob question: how much foot is the maximum size for a level with extended boundaries? i made some experiments butif i make a course bigger than 100'x100' it starts to make invisible collisions here and there ^^

greetings

I will post here instead of making a thread about it

Im trying to understand mario's ledge grab.
I want to be able to modify marios ledge grab, but when I tried to make a simple gameshark code to accomplish that, it would crash on ledge grab telling me "unhandled R4300i op code at 8025f6c0 unknown cop1".

apparently there are other variables that I can not find or track down.
I tried breaking in nemu to figure it out but none of my results were repeatable, so I just ended up more confused.
Im an "intermediate" beginner. I want to learn how to do more and I feel like this would be a good exercise for me to wrap my head around it, or at least begin to.

what I do know is
0800034b 0x140 8025f6c0 = hanging off ledge
8024fa60 00000001 = interaction - can hang
0000054c = climb slow
0000054f = climb fast
04000471 = about to land
also apparently 8033b1d0 = 4 bytes pointer to wall collision

these seemed sort of relevant?
any advice or help is greatly appreciated
thanks in advance

(30-08-2017, 01:23 PM)bit2 Wrote: greetings

I will post here instead of making a thread about it

Im trying to understand mario's ledge grab.
I want to be able to modify marios ledge grab, but when I tried to make a simple gameshark code to accomplish that, it would crash on ledge grab telling me "unhandled R4300i op code at 8025f6c0 unknown cop1".

apparently there are other variables that I can not find or track down.
I tried breaking in nemu to figure it out but none of my results were repeatable, so I just ended up more confused.
Im an "intermediate" beginner. I want to learn how to do more and I feel like this would be a good exercise for me to wrap my head around it, or at least begin to.

what I do know is
0800034b 0x140 8025f6c0 = hanging off ledge
8024fa60 00000001 = interaction - can hang
0000054c = climb slow
0000054f = climb fast
04000471 = about to land
also apparently 8033b1d0 = 4 bytes pointer to wall collision

these seemed sort of relevant?
any advice or help is greatly appreciated
thanks in advance

Hey there! I'm just starting out, so I have less specific advice and idk know how much of this is obvious but here goes:

You can find Tarek701's guide to intro sm64 asm here.

You can find some good information on messiaen's and kaze's sites.

You can find the armips gui here which includes some demo asm in the post and should have a Armips\data\examples folder for general examples and sm64 macro examples.

When you're breaking in nemu, depending on what you're breaking on you may indeed be stopped in multiple locations, for example breaking on the wall collision pointer 0x8033b1d0 will be loaded at several different points for calculations that need it, but if you continue enough times you should see a familiar place.

Hope this helps a bit, sorry I don't know more yet Tongue

I've been having an issue with the custom importer, more specifically replacing Mario's model. It works fine with the model I've got, but when grabbing any of the cap powers, it reverts to using Mario's original model. Is there a way to fix this? Have I missed something? Thanks in advance!

SM64 Help Thread « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 »