If you're going to post this in another forum or website, you must includes the link to the original post (this).
is a project to do a "Steam-like" emulator, where you register and download the client. The client is a modified version of Mupen64 with tweaks:
Selecting a Game in the Market:
- To use the programm, you must be logged.
- You don't need the ROM of any hack for play.
- The interface is simple: you get logged, and you see the original game and their hack-roms. If you're interested about a hack-rom (for example, by the screenshot or by the reviews) you download that rom. You can import custom roms, but they don't have the rom-tools.
- Rom-Tools: Each rom will have functions for:
Speedrunning: The game will simulate the lags, the graphical and the console in general. a.k.a. "Accurate Mode". Also, you can configure split options (like "If Mario gets 1st key, then split").
Normal Gameplay: The game will choose the best graphical plugin for the best video quality and good FPS. This mode will also includes achievements (for example, "Beat 1st star in Course 3 without get damaged")
Custom Mode: You can configure the settings that you want. If you use third-parties plugins, the achievements will be disabled.
- Live Deveopment: There will be an option that you can set a WIP rom and everytime that you change the ROM propeties it'll reset the actual course, and some debug options.
- There will be something paid for the people that worked in the project. It will be something that it gonna be worth it, but actually a non-"premium" thing, so you can deal with it if you don't want to purchase that. No paid games, no paid license for put games (but there will be a very moderate thing for that) but something like visual changes or something like that.
Thanks for reading!
(This post was last modified: 22-02-2015, 08:58 PM by Sirgebet.)