Release: Star Rod modding tools + Paper Mario Pro Mode « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25
Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

(26-10-2017, 04:09 AM)Strollin Stu Wrote: My rematch with The Goomba King also always ends in a crash when attempting to return to the overworld. The screen never shows anything after fading to black.

1. I had completed 0 other rematches when fighting the Goomba King.
2. I tried fighting him again just now after rematching bosses 1-3, still crashed.
3. The emulator I'm using is Wii U VC. I know that it may just be a quirk of the emulator, but I figured I'd report it since someone else reported this bug with PJ64. I'll see if I can export my save file and test it with PJ64.

Its mentioned earlier in the thread that it seems to be caused by hitting the Goomnut tree. If you don't attack it you should be fine.

(26-10-2017, 10:54 PM)Narcosis Wrote:
(26-10-2017, 04:09 AM)Strollin Stu Wrote: My rematch with The Goomba King also always ends in a crash when attempting to return to the overworld. The screen never shows anything after fading to black.

1. I had completed 0 other rematches when fighting the Goomba King.
2. I tried fighting him again just now after rematching bosses 1-3, still crashed.
3. The emulator I'm using is Wii U VC. I know that it may just be a quirk of the emulator, but I figured I'd report it since someone else reported this bug with PJ64. I'll see if I can export my save file and test it with PJ64.

Its mentioned earlier in the thread that it seems to be caused by hitting the Goomnut tree. If you don't attack it you should be fine.

That fixed it. Thanks!

(23-10-2017, 05:39 PM)Narcosis Wrote:
(22-10-2017, 02:53 AM)Narcosis Wrote: I compiled the Paper Mario Pro source code that was provided and it doesn't work when I try playing it. The normal rom is 43MB but the rom I get from compiling the source code is only 40MB which makes me think that the problem is actually with the way the star rod tool compiles it.

Ok it mysteriously started working when I load a normal compiled rom(still cant get anything compiled from the paper Mario pro source code though) but changes I made don't show up in the game. I've only tried altering enemy hp so far though.

Hit me up on the StarRod discord, I'm raskalask.

(27-10-2017, 07:26 AM)Michael Gray Wrote:
(23-10-2017, 05:39 PM)Narcosis Wrote:
(22-10-2017, 02:53 AM)Narcosis Wrote: I compiled the Paper Mario Pro source code that was provided and it doesn't work when I try playing it. The normal rom is 43MB but the rom I get from compiling the source code is only 40MB which makes me think that the problem is actually with the way the star rod tool compiles it.

Ok it mysteriously started working when I load a normal compiled rom(still cant get anything compiled from the paper Mario pro source code though) but changes I made don't show up in the game. I've only tried altering enemy hp so far though.

Hit me up on the StarRod discord, I'm raskalask.

I figured out how to make mods work and how to compile the Paper Mario Pro source code. Open the Project64.rdb file in the config folder go to the bottom where you pasted the Project64 settings that make Paper Mario Pro work (its for some reason not provided on the origami64 page but this video provides a link to it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kiGVsUbENo) copy and paste it right below then change the “Paper Mario Pro Mode v0.1.6” next to Good Name to the file name of your mod minus the .z64 (the default name is Paper Mario Mod). Move your mod to the folder you designated as the ROM directory open Project64 right click on the mod select ROM information highlight whats next to CRC1, don’t include the 0x at the beginning go back to Project64.rdb and paste it over the 311E9324 (or whatever number is there) you see above Good Name then do the same for whats next to CRC2 and paste it over the second set of numbers in the Project64.rdb file, you’ll need to exit Project64 before it will let you save. Your mod should at least start up now. I’ll explain what to do with the Paper Mario Pro source code on a later post to keep this from being too long.

Love your mod Clover! I've seen some Youtubers playing it and wanted to try it for myself. Actually, I wanted to try playing it on the Wii64 emulator on Homebrew. But I've ran into a problem. The opening cutscene, title screen, and prologue cutscene up until Peach's castle run fine. But after entering the castle the screen goes black with the background music still playing, and I get no response from the controller. There was some flickering, but I turned on 2xSal Tex and FB textures in Wii64's video settings to remove it. I'm not sure how to include the Project64Settings.txt and don't know if it's absence caused the screen to go black. Any help is appreciated.

The paper Mario pro source code doesn’t want to compile because of “status unknown.” To fix this I went into each file in the Patch folder which is in the battle folder and changed every instance of “Unknown1” to “Default” (and added a space after so that the number to the right lines up with the rest of the column for good measure) so it matches the enemy scripts in vanilla paper mario and just deleted the whole line for “Status:Unknown2” (be sure to backspace one more time so it doesn’t leave a blank line). Only change the unknowns that are under “Status” and “IdleAnimation” since there are a couple scripts that use that word. As for which files it will tell you when you try to compile it. There are some files were the error shows up but they don’t have the Status:Unknown in them. That’s because they have a command to import an enemy that does have it. Go in the file look for where it says “import” and look at the enemy name next to it (take note of the hexadecimal number next to it because some enemies have clones used for importing) go to that enemies file, which is either in the import folder or the enemy folder, change the unknowns and that should fix it. Once you do all this it should compile and work. I haven’t done much testing but that only issue I’ve found so far is that the game crashes when you enter Jrtroopa’s playground for the Jrtroopa rematch. Ok I’m going to modify the Huff N Puff rematch now.

Hi! I was just curious to know if there have been any further developments on the Star Rod tool? It has been quite a minute since the last update, and I was just curious.

Lol I just looked through the thread. Didn't realize I was asking the same question that was asked back in July. I'll refer to that.

how to download star rod patcher with jar file from paper mario pro

---- Change whatever you want to make your mod (this is the hard part!) ----
Yeahh... How do I do that? How do I even open up the scripts?

Release: Star Rod modding tools + Paper Mario Pro Mode « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25