Release: Star Rod modding tools + Paper Mario Pro Mode « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21
Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)

Don't know if anyone can help me with this, can't find the right thing to paste into the project64 .rdb file. I can get the modded ROM, but I get the following errors when it tries to make the .txt file:

class java.io.FileNotFoundException
 at java.io.FileOutputStream.open0(Native Method)
 at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(FileOutputStream.java:270)
 at java.io.FileOutputStream.(FileOutputStream.java:213)
 at java.io.FileOutputStream.(FileOutputStream.java:162)
 at java.io.PrintWriter.(PrintWriter.java:263)
 at user.StarRodUser.printProject64RDB(StarRodUser.java:480)
 at user.StarRodUser.applyPatch(StarRodUser.java:415)
 at user.StarRodUser.patchRom(StarRodUser.java:300)
 at user.StarRodUser.access$300(StarRodUser.java:41)
 at user.StarRodUser$3$1.run(StarRodUser.java:187)
 at user.StarRodUser$TaskWorker.doInBackground(StarRodUser.java:286)
 at user.StarRodUser$TaskWorker.doInBackground(StarRodUser.java:275)
 at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)
 at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
 at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:334)
 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
 at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I used a solution Clover pasted earlier in the .rdb file, but the ROM only opens for half a second before Project64 crashes. Anyone know what to do?

(31-07-2017, 06:16 AM)DarkMarxSoul Wrote:
(30-07-2017, 09:32 AM)Kirizame Wrote:
(29-07-2017, 05:02 PM)formlesstree4 Wrote: Hi everyone.

I've been trying to get this game working on my EverDrive. In fact, I'm able to boot the game and get through most of Peach's Castle early on. When the Bowser fight starts, though, the game hard crashes with the following dump details:

[Image: 20170726_020701.jpg]

My N64 does also have the Expansion Pak installed, if that's any help.

Please let me know what else I can do.

Having the same issue. Which is a shame, I'd rather play on real hardware than an emulator-

I'm actually having this issue on my emulator as well. This issue doesn't exist on the normal Paper Mario ROM and it only exists when using GLideN64, as opposed to Glide64 (though Glide64 has its own host of problems that renders the game essentially unplayable). Any help with this would be appreciated.

I registered an account to ask if this was playable on original hardware and found these posts. Has anyone managed this?

Judging by the mention of "increasing maximum RAM in Project64" it may not be?
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2017, 02:54 AM by bobrocks95.)

I put this in the suggestion box, but was wondering what everyone else thought:

How difficult would it be to implement a defensive version of the "All or nothing" Badge? Say, "Double or Nothing," where there is an additional, tiny frame window (1-3 frames?) where successful action command makes all damage 0 (similar to TTYD without the counterattack), but a non-perfect action command does the usual -2 damage (plus defense, damage dodge, etc.) but if you FAIL to dodge, you take double damage?

(13-09-2017, 03:10 AM)Hecto Wrote: I put this in the suggestion box, but was wondering what everyone else thought:

How difficult would it be to implement a defensive version of the "All or nothing" Badge? Say, "Double or Nothing," where there is an additional, tiny frame window (1-3 frames?) where successful action command makes all damage 0 (similar to TTYD without the counterattack), but a non-perfect action command does the usual -2 damage (plus defense, damage dodge, etc.) but if you FAIL to dodge, you take double damage?

It would be better than the rewards we got for the new bosses, lol.

I put this in a bug report, but I figured I would post it here so others could see it while it gets fixed. It seems the Goomba King rematch hang only occurs when you hit the tree.
I did six runs, only two of which did not hang.

Run 1:
Killed Red, King, Blue
Goombario hit the tree
Hang

Run 2:
Killed Red, Blue, King
Goombrio hit the tree
Hang

Run 3:
Killed King, Red, Blue
Did not hit the tree
No hang

Run 4:
Killed King, Red, Blue
Goombario hit the tree
Hang

Run 5:
Killed Red, King, Blue
Did not hit the tree
No hang

Run 6:
Killed King, Red, Blue
Mario hit the tree
Hang

This leads me to believe that hitting the tree is what causes it, as that was the only thing every hang had in common.

(20-09-2017, 09:22 PM)DanelerH Wrote: This leads me to believe that hitting the tree is what causes it, as that was the only thing every hang had in common.

Yep, not sure how many pages back this was, but we were basically advised to not hit the tree while Clover figures out how to fix the issue.

(21-09-2017, 12:28 AM)Hecto Wrote:
(20-09-2017, 09:22 PM)DanelerH Wrote: This leads me to believe that hitting the tree is what causes it, as that was the only thing every hang had in common.

Yep, not sure how many pages back this was, but we were basically advised to not hit the tree while Clover figures out how to fix the issue.

Ah. Guess I'm late on the uptake, then. I was going off the bug list, which still mentions the order of beating them.

Release: Star Rod modding tools + Paper Mario Pro Mode « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21