Release: Star Rod modding tools + Paper Mario Pro Mode « 1 2 3 4 5 ... 25 »
Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

I hadn't thanks for the advice! It is working now!

Also another error is failed to compile shader frag.gls , thanks!
(This post was last modified: 18-07-2017, 05:21 PM by Gamecubed.)
Got Akira Himegawa's 10 Zelda Manga's for christmas, I can die happy now.

I have a big issue with Star Rod, when I try to open the file with Java it briefly opens a cmd prompt then closes instantly. I can't for the life of me use Star Rod.

Nevermind, fixed my old issue.

Is there a way to import sprites/make your own palettes?
(This post was last modified: 18-07-2017, 06:19 PM by captainzef.)

So many errors. I'm not a professional programmer, so you'll have to bear with me here. Two things first:
(1) Make sure that you dump the ROM and copy assets to your new mod before opening the map or sprite editors.
(2) You may need to run as administrator in some instances.

When reporting a bug, please let me know a few things:
(1) the exact error message
(2) which tool you were using
(3) what you were trying to do
(4) your system information (os, java version)

I can't reproduce most of these bugs, so I need your help to get everything working smoothly.
I'll be out for a little bit, but I'll work on your issues when I get back.

I cannot find the exe files! Someone please help!

The JAR files are what you want, they act just like exes, but you need to have the Java Runtime Environment installed to run them: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html

Edit: If you get an error while Star Rod is creating the config file, try dropping the attached batch file into Star Rod's root directory and right click it -> Run as admin
(This post was last modified: 18-07-2017, 08:45 PM by shygoo.)

Attached Files
Size: 21 bytes / Downloads: 44 .bat   StarRod.bat

(18-07-2017, 07:19 PM)shygoo Wrote: The JAR files are what you want, they act just like exes, but you need to have the Java Runtime Environment installed to run them: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jre8-downloads-2133155.html

Chirpy Thank you! This is very helpful!
Just a guy who likes to hack Paper Mario 64 Wink

So I think I got the tool to work (it dumped and copied fine) but the only options in the tool are map editing and sprite editing. Not that there is anything wrong with those things, however before I got deep into new maps and sprites and the such, I wanted to update some numbers of enemy/badge/partner stats, and badge locations. How do you go about doing that with this tool? Is it something you have to do via the files that are dumped or is there a section of the tool where that is all streamlined?

Um, help! I downloaded it but it fails to create a config file! Help!

It says class java.io.IOException
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.openOutputStream(FileUtils.java:318)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.openOutputStream(FileUtils.java:281)
at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.touch(FileUtils.java:375)
at main.DevContext.makeNewConfig(DevContext.java:171)
at main.DevContext.readStarRodConfig(DevContext.java:95)
at main.DevContext.initialize(DevContext.java:58)
at main.StarRodDev.main(StarRodDev.java:118)
(This post was last modified: 18-07-2017, 07:50 PM by SuperGamer 675.)
Just a guy who likes to hack Paper Mario 64 Wink

(18-07-2017, 05:00 PM)clover Wrote: Is this problem particular to Pro Mode? There shouldn't be any changes that early in the game. I just played from the start to the end of Chapter 1 with no issues using Project64 2.0 and the "GLideN64 public release 1" video plugin on Windows 7.

Yes, this issue is only in pro Mode, I could play the original game flawless. But now that I think about it I should probably just update project64 scince I'm still using 1.6

Release: Star Rod modding tools + Paper Mario Pro Mode « 1 2 3 4 5 ... 25 »