Release: Star Rod modding tools + Paper Mario Pro Mode « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

07: Goomba 
Would it be possible to get these files in an exe format? Java doesn't seem to want to open the jar files. Tongue

(13-10-2017, 08:25 PM)Yohane-chan Wrote: Would it be possible to get these files in an exe format? Java doesn't seem to want to open the jar files.  Tongue

Weird, mine worked fine. Have you tried all the usual things? Uninstalling Java, restart, reinstalling the newest version, etc. Make sure to right click and run things as administrator, as that can solve a lot of issues, too.
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2017, 09:27 PM by Brie.)

10: Star 
(13-10-2017, 09:21 PM)Brie Wrote:
(13-10-2017, 08:25 PM)Yohane-chan Wrote: Would it be possible to get these files in an exe format? Java doesn't seem to want to open the jar files.  Tongue

Weird, mine worked fine. Have you tried all the usual things? Uninstalling Java, restart, reinstalling the newest version, etc. Make sure to right click and run things as administrator, as that can solve a lot of issues, too.

I can't exactly run it as an admin, as it's not an exe file. Un & re-installing doesn't seem to make any difference whatsoever. Honestly, I feel as though not having the files in exe format is just making things way more complicated than they need to be. Tongue Thanks anyway, though.

Also, I just REALLY wanna try Pro Mode...
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2017, 11:30 PM by Yohane-chan.)

(13-10-2017, 05:53 PM)Brie Wrote:
(13-10-2017, 07:59 AM)DynastyStar Wrote: Hey, can somebody help me, I've never done this rom hacking thing and I tried to "run Star Rod Patcher.jar" but it doesn't let me. Do I need another program installed to be able to or what?

I just made an account here so bear with me if I don't know what I'm doing. Anyway, to open .jar files you need java (https://java.com/). Make sure you have that installed!

Edit: If anyone's curious, I ran a search and a WIP build of GLideN64 has been released to deal with the crash upon entering dark rooms (Lantern Ghost, Shy Guys, Yoshi baby hunt..) Scroll down to the end for the download.
https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/1539

Thats not working. I did install Java 8 update 144 after asking a friend who I thought would have a background in this(since he's a streamer and does things that seem alot more technical than most streamers) and he did say .jar I need Java for. Installing that version of Java, and then doing a some kind of scan on the Java website comes up with saying that I have the recommended version of Java. That doesn't turn the default program to run the program on into Java. It doesn't even come up in the alternative list of programs I can run it in. I found another version of Java, Java 9 which halfway solves the problem. At least Java 9 actually comes up with the able to right click the file and click "Java™ Platform SE binary" under "Open With" but it comes up with an error that says:

"Unable to install Java

There are errors in the following switches:
(and then it lists the Paper Mario Pro Mode v0.1.6.mod file, which I don't know if Its wise to openly give its directory specifics)

Check that the commands are valid and try again."

(14-10-2017, 06:15 AM)DynastyStar Wrote:
(13-10-2017, 05:53 PM)Brie Wrote:
(13-10-2017, 07:59 AM)DynastyStar Wrote: Hey, can somebody help me, I've never done this rom hacking thing and I tried to "run Star Rod Patcher.jar" but it doesn't let me. Do I need another program installed to be able to or what?

I just made an account here so bear with me if I don't know what I'm doing. Anyway, to open .jar files you need java (https://java.com/). Make sure you have that installed!

Edit: If anyone's curious, I ran a search and a WIP build of GLideN64 has been released to deal with the crash upon entering dark rooms (Lantern Ghost, Shy Guys, Yoshi baby hunt..) Scroll down to the end for the download.
https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/1539

Thats not working. I did install Java 8 update 144 after asking a friend who I thought would have a background in this(since he's a streamer and does things that seem alot more technical than most streamers) and he did say .jar I need Java for. Installing that version of Java, and then doing a some kind of scan on the Java website comes up with saying that I have the recommended version of Java. That doesn't turn the default program to run the program on into Java. It doesn't even come up in the alternative list of programs I can run it in. I found another version of Java, Java 9 which halfway solves the problem. At least Java 9 actually comes up with the able to right click the file and click "Java™ Platform SE binary" under "Open With" but it comes up with an error that says:

"Unable to install Java

There are errors in the following switches:
(and then it lists the Paper Mario Pro Mode v0.1.6.mod file, which I don't know if Its wise to openly give its directory specifics)

Check that the commands are valid and try again."

See? This sort of thing is exactly why it would be easier to have the files as exe, rather than jar. Undecided

I ran a quick google search on the "errors in following switches" term.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/javatm-platform-se-binary-minecraft-mod/e4bb0e07-6d68-43f8-bfed-0636f49834a2

Maybe try this solution? Can't promise it'll help, but I figure it's worth a shot since we can't tell if/when the OP will reply, let alone if they'll make an .exe form.

If that doesn't work, just throw the error message up onto google with quotes surrounding it and browse some forums. Can't say it's something I'm able to duplicate, but I wish you two the best of luck Sad. It could be tons of things.. Java installed/uninstalled wrong so it got corrupted, antivirus blocking, 32bit vs. 64bit, etc.

Edit: The .jar file is just to patch the original ROM file to be modded, so I wonder if theoretically I can just do it myself and upload the modded file for you guys to download and try. I'm not sure what the rules on these forums are but I'll assume linking is safe. Give me a moment as of writing this.

Edit2: Alright, all set! Try this out. It's the modded rom + settings. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4W7l3C2cbRTSDE2X1ZsYlBTcHM
Just follow the first post's directions after the modded rom part.
(This post was last modified: 14-10-2017, 09:48 PM by Brie.)

I'm trying to mod it so the double damage is off. I can handle swapping item locations and group formations, but chapter 7 mobs in chapter 1-3 is too hardcore for me. I keep getting an error when recompiling the source:

[Image: vqcVr15.png]

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
(This post was last modified: 15-10-2017, 09:24 PM by Michael Gray.)

My computer's 64-bit, not 32-bit but I'm only finding a 32-bit of the Glide64 video plugin, is there a 64-bit version or is the 32-bit good enough?
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2017, 03:09 PM by shygoo. Edit Reason: Remove giant quote )

(16-10-2017, 04:06 AM)DynastyStar Wrote: My computer's 64-bit, not 32-bit but I'm only finding a 32-bit of the Glide64 video plugin, is there a 64-bit version or is the 32-bit good enough?

64bit operating systems can run 32-bit programs natively. You don't NEED a 64-bit version.

After I take the default Paper Mario Rom and dump ROM assets and copy assets to mod I then immediately clicked on compile mod and ran it as a test but on the Project64 ROM directory it says "Bad ROM?" and when I try running it I get "Unhandled R4300i opcode at: 8006E754 break". The rom I dumped works fine and I didn't make any changes at all.

Release: Star Rod modding tools + Paper Mario Pro Mode « 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 »