Release: Star Rod modding tools + Paper Mario Pro Mode « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

12: Question 
Hello, I am new to Paper Mario hacking and I was watching a tutorial on how to use Star Rod, but there was one thing that isn't supposed to happen. A error message popped up and it said.

"Could not find required directory: database
It should be in the same directory as StarRod.jar
Did you extract ALL the files for Star Rod?"

But I believe I have extracted all of the files out of the zip file and into a new folder with StarRod.jar. I know this might be a dumb question but I couldn't find out what I did wrong so I would like some help.

Are you trying to patch, or mod? If you're trying to patch, you need to change your directory to the star rod folder before you run it via command console.

(30-09-2017, 04:11 PM)Tokoshoran Lansh Wrote: Are you trying to patch, or mod? If you're trying to patch, you need to change your directory to the star rod folder before you run it via command console.

I am trying to mod. I just want to check the tool out and mess around with it Undecided

Thank you. ;-; I love you so much.

Hi! I am having issues with extracting the files. I'm using WinRar and every time I try to extract the StarRod Patcher the JAR file isn't there. All the other files extract just fine for me. I have also tried using Zip Extractor instead, but the same thing happens. I would really appreciate any advice!

Hi there I get a weird error when I try to patch the file.
This is the error message.
FileNotFound Excpetion
Project64 Settings.Txt (Access is denied)
The project64 settings.text is not created
could you tell me what this means?

When I attempt to open the Star Rod Patcher file, it instead opens a RAR file, rather than the Star Rod Patcher. Any solutions?

Screenshot of crash handler during the Koopa Bros. refight. Not sure what caused it; had Kooper out, just killed Red with Power Quake. I'm not exactly qualified to diagnose what could have gone wrong, but my best guess is that Green (who moves first) tried to buff Red right after my turn ended.
Image uploads don't work for me Sad so here's a link to the screenshot

Hey, can somebody help me, I've never done this rom hacking thing and I tried to "run Star Rod Patcher.jar" but it doesn't let me. Do I need another program installed to be able to or what?
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2017, 03:09 PM by shygoo. Edit Reason: Remove giant quote )

(13-10-2017, 07:59 AM)DynastyStar Wrote: Hey, can somebody help me, I've never done this rom hacking thing and I tried to "run Star Rod Patcher.jar" but it doesn't let me. Do I need another program installed to be able to or what?

I just made an account here so bear with me if I don't know what I'm doing. Anyway, to open .jar files you need java (https://java.com/). Make sure you have that installed!

Edit: If anyone's curious, I ran a search and a WIP build of GLideN64 has been released to deal with the crash upon entering dark rooms (Lantern Ghost, Shy Guys, Yoshi baby hunt..) Scroll down to the end for the download.
https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64/issues/1539
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2017, 08:05 PM by Brie.)

Release: Star Rod modding tools + Paper Mario Pro Mode « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 »