Release: Star Rod modding tools + Paper Mario Pro Mode « 1 2 3 4 5 ... 25 »
Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

(18-07-2017, 05:40 AM)balmz Wrote: pretty cool hack, a few things though

spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

would it be possible to have a version where the enemy attack isn't doubled  but is normal but all the other features are there? the game is great but it's a little tedious to have to constantly heal and i'd love to see a causal one

the game keeps on flickering and at times mario and characters go completely black

You can get rid of the double damage by recompiling the mod without this file:
/mod/globals/patch/DamageMods.patch
If you have trouble with that, I can make it for you.

The flickering happens often in Paper Mario. What's your video plugin? GLideN64 works best for me.
(This post was last modified: 18-07-2017, 06:33 AM by clover.)

When using the sprite editor how should I format my images to replace the ones currently being used?
I used Irfanview to make sure my image and palette are both a 16bit image (assuming that's the format Paper Mario uses), but I keep getting this error.
[Image: qeOICcG.png]

Spoiler: SpriteSheet.xml
Spoiler :
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<SpriteSheet a="1" b="1">
   <PaletteList>
       <Palette id="00" src="Palette_00.png"/>
   </PaletteList>
   <RasterList>
       <Raster id="00" palette="00" src="Raster_00.png"/>
   </RasterList>
   <AnimationList>
    <Animation>
           <Component x="0" y="0" z="0">
               <Command val="1005"/>
           </Component>
       </Animation>
   </AnimationList>
</SpriteSheet>
(This post was last modified: 18-07-2017, 07:01 AM by Drewworks.)
[Image: FJdRvVq.png]
Click the image to go to the PM:Hacking Archive
ᴼᴴ ᴴᴵ ᵁᴾ ᵀᴴᴱᴿᴱ\(ಠ_ಠ)

I tryed star rod out. Edited a texture and compiled the rom and everything. i go and run it in project64 and i get this: Sad https://youtu.be/gydSz2PzujM
Lorem Ipsum.

Very excited to use this! I'll definitely make something once I finish my current project, probably around the end of the year.

Paper mario pro mode looks so good. There's only one annoying thing : It chrashes after the cutscene where the castle gets lifted up when using Glide64 Wonder ++. By switching plugins I can get around it but the grafical glitches when using other plugins are just so annoying. Is this problem fixable?

I LOVE YOU!

Here is a fix for mac users. You need to go into you natives folder in the "StarRod" folder and copy and paste the contents of the "macosx" folder that is in the natives folder and paste them into the natives folder.
(This post was last modified: 18-07-2017, 02:48 PM by Gamecubed.)
Got Akira Himegawa's 10 Zelda Manga's for christmas, I can die happy now.

Umm, Clover on MACOSX the xxx_tex files are causing huge problems(Because you need to acess them to edit maps). When you try to navigate to them the window goes all white, so you can only stay in one directory for some reason because if you click on a folder the window like I said above just goes white with no files on it. Also when trying to edit textures there is a error :

class java.io.FileNotFoundException
at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
at java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:195)
at java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:138)
at java.io.FileReader.(FileReader.java:72)
at util.IOUtils.readTextFile(IOUtils.java:178)
at data.sprites.editor.SpriteEditor.loadSpriteTable(SpriteEditor.java:239)
at data.sprites.editor.SpriteEditor.(SpriteEditor.java:212)
at main.StarRodDev.main(StarRodDev.java:145)

hopefully you know a fix. Thank you!
(This post was last modified: 18-07-2017, 03:26 PM by Gamecubed.)
Got Akira Himegawa's 10 Zelda Manga's for christmas, I can die happy now.

When I dump my ROM, I don't get any of the string files.

(18-07-2017, 04:26 PM)BlackLiquidSorrow Wrote: When I dump my ROM, I don't get any of the string files.

Are you using a US rom in the .z64 format?
It should be named something like this "Paper Mario (U) [!].z64"
(This post was last modified: 18-07-2017, 04:44 PM by Drewworks.)
[Image: FJdRvVq.png]
Click the image to go to the PM:Hacking Archive
ᴼᴴ ᴴᴵ ᵁᴾ ᵀᴴᴱᴿᴱ\(ಠ_ಠ)

(18-07-2017, 06:55 AM)Drewworks Wrote: When using the sprite editor how should I format my images to replace the ones currently being used?
I used Irfanview to make sure my image and palette are both a 16bit image (assuming that's the format Paper Mario uses), but I keep getting this error.

You need to use color-indexed images with a 16 color palette (CI-4). This is the only format the game uses for sprites. I use photoshop to edit sprites, but gimp should work just as well. Save as a PNG with indexed colors. For custom textures you can use any color quantization you want, but you need to be more careful with sprites because all the sprite rasters need to share a common palette.

(18-07-2017, 02:06 PM)Mr Infinite Wrote: Paper mario pro mode looks so good. There's only one annoying thing : It chrashes after the cutscene where the castle gets lifted up when using Glide64 Wonder ++. By switching plugins I can get around it but the grafical glitches when using other plugins are just so annoying.  Is this problem fixable?

Is this problem particular to Pro Mode? There shouldn't be any changes that early in the game. I just played from the start to the end of Chapter 1 with no issues using Project64 2.0 and the "GLideN64 public release 1" video plugin on Windows 7.

(18-07-2017, 10:52 AM)RobiNERD Wrote: I tryed star rod out. Edited a texture and compiled the rom and everything. i go and run it in project64 and i get this: Sad https://youtu.be/gydSz2PzujM

That's really surprising. What did you try to edit? Were you working from scratch or making changes to Pro Mode? Did you set the available RAM to 8 MB?

(18-07-2017, 04:26 PM)BlackLiquidSorrow Wrote: When I dump my ROM, I don't get any of the string files.

Check the dump directory. It contains all the files directly dumped from the ROM. Anything you put in /mod/strings/ will be compiled and written to the game when you compile your mod.

(18-07-2017, 03:25 PM)Gamecubed Wrote: Umm, Clover on MACOSX the xxx_tex files are causing huge problems(Because you need to acess them to edit maps). When you try to navigate to them the window goes all white, so you can only stay in one directory for some reason because if you click on a folder the window like I said above just goes white with no files on it. Also when trying to edit textures there is a error :

class java.io.FileNotFoundException
 at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
 at java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:195)
 at java.io.FileInputStream.(FileInputStream.java:138)
 at java.io.FileReader.(FileReader.java:72)
 at util.IOUtils.readTextFile(IOUtils.java:178)
 at data.sprites.editor.SpriteEditor.loadSpriteTable(SpriteEditor.java:239)
 at data.sprites.editor.SpriteEditor.(SpriteEditor.java:212)
 at main.StarRodDev.main(StarRodDev.java:145)

hopefully you know a fix. Thank you!

Thanks for the report. I don't have a mac so I'm counting on your feedback.
That said, you shouldn't need to select a texture file unless you are either missing one or switching to a new one. Did you click "Copy Assets to Mod" after "Dump ROM Assets"? If you haven't, the editor won't know where to find the texture files.
(This post was last modified: 18-07-2017, 05:17 PM by clover.)

Release: Star Rod modding tools + Paper Mario Pro Mode « 1 2 3 4 5 ... 25 »