SM64 Help Thread « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

(24-07-2017, 09:54 AM)Quasmok Wrote:
(19-07-2017, 11:48 PM)Drahnokks Wrote: but the "collision" part un SM64 doesn's work the materials don't appear Undecided
if you are an idea or the solution i take it

thanks Big Grin

Not 100% sure what your problem is.
If you want a texture to have a specific collision type, you got to make sure that this texture is part of your collisionmap. If the texture is only in the visualmap it won't be displayed on the collision tab on SM64Editor as far as I know.

I hope this helps.

thanks but i solve the problem, i should have to turn my pc in english, the french pc create some bug for no reason Smile

How do you import a model for an object that is in the Global Object Bank? (For example a custom Model for the Breakable Box)
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2017, 10:58 PM by TDM3671.)

Does anybody know where the title's model is stored inside a sm64 split, and how to convert it to obj?

(09-08-2017, 10:35 AM)brushtool Wrote: Does anybody know where the title's model is stored inside a sm64 split, and how to convert it to obj?

The title screen display list is stored at segmented address 0700B3A0 (offset 0xB3A0 in the decompressed MIO0 block at 0x26A3A0, named "wood_trademark" in the output of n64split.) I have a primitive tool called f3d2obj which can be used to convert F3D display lists to obj models. It doesn't get the vertex coloring info though, so won't look correct. I have attached the model anyway.

There is an article on the wiki with more details on the title screen model and code: http://wiki.origami64.net/super_mario_64/title_screen

[Image: Uotlgro.png]

Attached Files
Size: 30.63 KB / Downloads: 0 .zip   title_screen.zip

Talking about vertex colouring, is that how the fake shadows in
the Castle Grounds are made?

Is there a plugin for this in Sketchup? And more importantly, would the
SM64 Editor support such things?

I think the problem with a lot of custom levels is that everything looks
strange or flat without this feature. It would be great to be able to detail
levels as such.

Just my 2 cents  Tongue

(If you don't know what I'm talking about, take a good look at the Castle
Grounds and it's shadows.)

(10-08-2017, 11:41 AM)brushtool Wrote: Talking about vertex colouring, is that how the fake shadows in

Is there a plugin for this in Sketchup? And more importantly, would the

I think the problem with a lot of custom levels is that everything looks
strange or flat without this feature. It would be great to be able to detail
levels as such.

Just my 2 cents  Tongue

(If you don't know what I'm talking about, take a good look at the Castle
Grounds and it's shadows.)

Kaze has a tutorial on how to do vertex colorig (i think), but you have to do it in the hex editor and its a pain. The shadows that are in Catsle Grounds can also be replicated using the same texture but with a darker shade.
[Image: bdebae7cba.jpg]

Also heres my Youtube.. I started a Tutorial series on how to make super sexy custom Levels.

(10-08-2017, 11:41 AM)brushtool Wrote: Talking about vertex colouring, is that how the fake shadows in

No, the shadows in Castle Grounds are separate 32x32 textures that are overlaid on the grass model where the tree objects are placed.

[Image: BnztOUl.png]

Vertex coloring is like the green grass on the hills surrounding Castle Grounds. They are the same grey texture as the railings on the bridge, but they vertices are colored green, giving it the grassy shade. Note picture above does not have vertex coloring.

(10-08-2017, 11:41 AM)brushtool Wrote: Is there a plugin for this in Sketchup? And more importantly, would the

No, Wavefront .obj models do not support vertex coloring. If it's all one color, you can apply that color to the material file's ambient/diffuse/specular colors, but it does not support individual vertex colors.

I have one more question.

I have n64split 0.4a and the n64chain, mips64-elf included.
I have put the n64chain files into the "tools" folder inside n64split.
After splitting a sm64 rom, what do I have to do next
to build it again?

(11-08-2017, 12:59 PM)brushtool Wrote: I have n64split 0.4a and the n64chain, mips64-elf included.
I have put the n64chain files into the "tools" folder inside n64split.
After splitting a sm64 rom, what do I have to do next
to build it again?

The included README includes all the usage details.

Code:
Usage: With mips64-elf bin directory in your PATH, just run 'make' from the
command prompt within the 'sm64.split' directory, and it will handle the rest.
 > make
 mips64-elf-as -mtune=vr4300 -march=vr4300 -o build/sm64.o gen/sm64.s
 mips64-elf-ld -Tn64.ld -Map build/sm64.map -o build/sm64.elf build/sm64.o
 mips64-elf-objcopy build/sm64.elf build/sm64.bin -O binary
 tools/n64cksum build/sm64.bin sm64.gen.z64
If you don't have `make` in your PATH, you can call it from the tools directory.

Code:
> ..\tools\make

(11-08-2017, 08:16 PM)queueRAM Wrote: stuff

I put the n64split\tools\bin folder in my PATH (my Windows user's PATH, not the system's) only to have make spit out an error,
even when I run it in the sm64 split's directory.

Code:
mips64-elf-as -mtune=vr4300 -march=vr4300 -o build/sm64.o sm64.s
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, mips64-elf-as -mtune=vr4300 -march=vr4300 -o build/sm64.o sm64.s, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
Makefile:54: recipe for target 'build/sm64.o' failed
make: *** [build/sm64.o] Error 2

I tried changing my PATH to just /tools, but still errors out.
I even did what you told me to do, and tried changing my PATH to mips64-elf's bin
directory, but it still errors out. I am on Windows 10, by the way.

If my PATH has the directory the software needs, why doesn't it work?
I'm pulling my hair out here!  Trouble

P.S: Yes, I am running Command prompt in administrator mode.

SM64 Help Thread « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38