Superstar Plumber [DEMO NOW AVAILABLE -- FULL HACK CANCELLED] « 1 2 3 4 5 6
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Superstar Plumber is cancelled.

Yeah, it was bound to happen. I hate to do this, but my motivation is just gone. I don't have fun hacking anymore. It sucks for me and probably even more for you. But I can't force myself to do this anymore. I'll clean it up and release a half-baked demo sometime this week. Don't look forward to anything other than the first level (which isn't even completable right now) just because everything else is unfinished. I seriously hate to do this, but it's my decision. I'm sorry.
I'm sorry.

06: Mario Upset 
I'm not sure why exactly so many people here think they can take on really ambitious projects all on their own.

(15-06-2017, 03:04 PM)Lemmy Koopa Wrote: I'm not sure why exactly so many people here think they can take on really ambitious projects all on their own.

It's not really too ambitious, I'm just not very motivated.
I'm sorry.

The demo is now available
This was the newest build from before I cancelled the game because I deleted all of my tools and resources (except for the models and roms). There will be glitches and the first level only has a few completable stars. The other stars are the ones that take place in the broken rainbow road section. The other levels aren't playable by normal means... but if you find a way to die in the map you might be able to find a way to the second level's first part.
I'm sorry.

You should take breaks every so often so you don't burn out your motivation. Big hacks can get tiring to make, you could put it on haitus, instead of canceling the entire thing. You'll be refreshed when you come back to working on it, and you may have some new ideas by then.

(16-06-2017, 08:50 PM)Lukitu88 Wrote: You should take breaks every so often so you don't burn out your motivation. Big hacks can get tiring to make, you could put it on hiatus, instead of canceling the entire thing. You'll be refreshed when you come back to working on it, and you may have some new ideas by then.

I think that's what I might end up doing, but I've already taken huge breaks after the first level was finished and my motivation still is horrible.
I'm sorry.

The rainbow road section isn't playable: it gives a black screen.
(This post was last modified: 16-06-2017, 08:58 PM by Poudink.)
This is my signature

(16-06-2017, 08:57 PM)Poudink Wrote: The rainbow road section isn't playable: it gives a black screen.

I said it was broken in the reply that links to the demo.
I'm sorry.

Oops... I thought you meant that you could still get some stars there.
This is my signature

Superstar Plumber [DEMO NOW AVAILABLE -- FULL HACK CANCELLED] « 1 2 3 4 5 6