Superstar Plumber (Major Hack) « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

(29-11-2016, 12:49 PM)BAC0NB0Y Wrote:
(29-11-2016, 07:32 AM)SM64Hacker323 Wrote: Nice hack! I really like all the sound effects you changed, if you don't mind can you send me the sound for picking up the coin in your hack?

I actually do mind. Not only did I replace the sound but I also messed with things inside of the sound tool so its gonna be hard to replicate.

You did not mess around inside the soundtool. All you did was find the sound and replaced it then pitched it correctly. Changing the coin sound effect also changes camera sounds etc.

(29-11-2016, 09:21 PM)supermariosan100 Wrote:
(29-11-2016, 12:49 PM)BAC0NB0Y Wrote:
(29-11-2016, 07:32 AM)SM64Hacker323 Wrote: Nice hack! I really like all the sound effects you changed, if you don't mind can you send me the sound for picking up the coin in your hack?

I actually do mind. Not only did I replace the sound but I also messed with things inside of the sound tool so its gonna be hard to replicate.

You did not mess around inside the soundtool. All you did was find the sound and replaced it then pitched it correctly. Changing the coin sound effect also changes camera sounds etc.

I know it also changes the sounds. That's actually the main downside. I'm gonna keep looking for coin sounds despite it being taken well.
If you like original and fun to play content, check out my current major Super Mario 64 romhack, Superstar Plumber!

Learn asm and let the coins use a sound unused for you hack, replace that with the coin sound and use the original one for coins and stuff. Asm is simpler than you'd think
Gone for good.

(30-11-2016, 12:25 PM)RobiNERD Wrote: Learn asm and let the coins use a sound unused for you hack, replace that with the coin sound and use the original one for coins and stuff. Asm is simpler than you'd think

I'm not learning asm just to repoint a coin sound. I've seen people with replaced coin sounds also have a nice atmosphere with their other sound effects. I can just find a better byte, it's that simple.
If you like original and fun to play content, check out my current major Super Mario 64 romhack, Superstar Plumber!

You can do anything with asm i dont see why you dont learn it your hack seems like it must have asm
Gone for good.

(30-11-2016, 01:19 PM)RobiNERD Wrote: You can do anything with asm i dont see why you dont learn it your hack seems like it must have asm

It's a beginner hack, I'm going to request help from other people for ASM, but for the future that may be a possibility. I found a good sound this morning anyways.

Asm basics are very easy I dont see why you dont want to learn it... Your hack is the type of hack that must be full of asm
Gone for good.

A new spot has opened. If you would like to help compose original music for this hack please PM me.

Huge update: So I dug around and found this unfinished tech demo of Superstar Plumber.
[Image: NbnHLeR.png]
If that wasn't crazy and awesome enough, the thing is, it was an .iso file. Could this have been for the disc drive? Was that why it was cancelled? Was it the rumored "Super Mario 64 2/Super Mario 128?" or was it something entirely different? Now, even more insane.
[Image: XmFehBL.png]
Renaming it to a .z64 will actually load and play it correctly. I made this album of me testing the game demo out and it seems to work perfectly. This will be the new base rom for finishing the game, and I will try and look for all the info I can on other levels. But this information raises more questions. Was it ported to the Disc Drive at the last moment? Why wasn't it actually converted or fully ported? If it was, how does nothing corrupt when renaming the file? This whole thing is burning my brain, but the worst thing is that these questions will remain unsolved. That is enough to drive me insane.
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2016, 09:26 PM by BaconBoy.)

What?
Gone for good.

Superstar Plumber (Major Hack) « 1 2 3 4 5 »