Superstar Plumber (Major Hack) 1 2 3 4 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

10: Star 
With a planned 145 stars, slick HUD design, large bonus levels, an original plot, and expansive and diverse level design, I bring to you;

[Image: CLNUeqv.png]
Spoiler: Previews
Preview 0.1 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0Qg7EaL8JHlOUtSX0F4QXcxMlU
If you're interested in seeing the alpha of New Shroom City, the replacement for the unused version of level 6, Rich Autmn Hill, this is a private preview I sent to Cyborg which has now been publicized to show an unfinished version of a cut level.
Preview 0.5 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0Qg7EaL8JHlSUdsRjNzMjNMMW8
The original "Preview 1." This includes the cut level, New Shroom City. The level was canned for a similar replacement called Night-Rock Block. It also includes an unused hub area.
Preview 1 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0Qg7EaL8JHlSllsdjZMU2s5akk
The actual "Preview 1." This shows me collecting the first star in Night-Rock Block, but there are a couple of bugs (all of which have been fixed at this point.) Still can't figure out how to warp to area 4, so I'm gonna dig into the hex at some point, with the help of QueueRAM of course.
Spoiler: Plot
-Story-
  It's Mario's Hero Anniversary! The princess is grateful and sends Mario 250,000 coins for being there for her for a whole year. Mario decides to use the money to get himself a new look and take a trip to Peaceful Gardens with some other mushroom kingdom residents, a place where you can just relax and have fun at parks and enjoy some awesome attractions. But, the island has a new ruler, Bowser. It's been forever since the old ruler was "fired" and now everything is broken down. Bowser is too lazy to fix it, so there's nothing really fun to do there anymore. And of course the second Mario arrives, news comes that Peach was kidnapped. Now it's up to Mario to find Bowser's throne and make him bring back Peach, that is... if Bowser was the one who kidnapped her at all.
Spoiler: Plot

2016- BaconBoy finally got himself a Nintendo 64 after Christmas. It came with Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2, Madden 2002, and of course Super Mario 64. After inserting the SM64 cart, he finds a completely different game. What? After trying to get some stars, he finds the game lost and unfinished. After about 7 straight hours of digging all over the internet, Bacon finds a tech demo of the game. It's that this moment that Bacon decides it's up to him to get this unknown game out for people to play. But first, he must finish Nintendo's work, thus, the hacking begins.
-Levels-
Hub Area #1: Peaceful Gardens
   Mario takes a trip to Peaceful Gardens for some relaxation, but he doesn't exactly get that. Why is every resident one of Bowser's minions? After arrival, he finds out he needs Power Stars to unlock the islands outskirts. Of course, it's always Stars.
Level 1: Night-Rock Block
   There's something off about this place. Mario finds himself looking around a small little street called Night-Rock, and helps out people with their issues. Here he meets the camera person, Lakisha, and the Totally Awesome Super Bombs-- Boom the Rescue!!
Level 2: Abandoned Amusements
   Mario walks into a hole in the side of a mountain, and suddenly he teleports to a carnival. The signs weren't trying to kill him! It actually works! Or does it? Why is this carnival so broken down and abandoned? Turns out it was shut down years ago. But why?
Bonus Level: Huge Hidden Kitchen
???
Level 3: Sweet Treat Seas
   Mario jumps onto a giant ice cream scoop with a tree on it, and starts to sink. After sinking all the way down, he finds himself in a strange beach made completely out of sugary sweets!
Level 4: Bottomless Railway
   Mario explores a dimly lit cave and finds a door with a star on it. It says, 15. Why? There's also a so called "bottomless pit." He thought there was no such thing and jumped in to investigate. He lands on some sort of track and finds a a bunch of minecarts and rails. The pit actually is bottomless! He's lucky he landed where he did. "I need to stop making these stupid decisions," he told himself.
Level 5: Stenched Sewer Swamps
   Mario finishes up collecting all of the stars in the mine and continues looking around in the cave. He sees a pipe with water escaping from it. Curious, Mario jumps in and finds a very wet and stinky sewer, full of many nasty things. As long as there are stars here, he can deal with it, though. Those stars are getting him closer to unlocking the mystery door.
BOSS LEVEL #1!: Bowser's Flowers
   The mysterious door leads to some sort of field? Full of flowers? All of this buildup for flowers? After walking and jumping and platforming his way through, Mario meets up with Bowser to confront him about stealing Peach. But he says he didn't... What? He directs Mario to Kamek, who he believes was the real thief. I guess we'll see.
Hub Area #2: Sunny Sky Sanctuary
   Now there's a vine that Mario can climb sitting in the middle of Peaceful Gardens. Mario climbs it all the way up to the clouds, the location of Kamek's Hideout. Levels from here on will not have descriptions for the risk of more spoilers.
Level 6: Cloudy Partway
???
Level 7: The Great Goomba Canyon
???
Level 8: Sky High City
???
Level 9: Great Mount White (Twin Mountain #1)
???
Level 10: Mount Inferno (Twin Mountain #2)
???
BOSS LEVEL #2!: Kamek's Hideout Hut
She directs you towards a magical castle, she could've sworn she saw someone with Peach go that way!
Hub Area #3: Magical Castle
The levels in this area are huge, open, and diverse.
Level 11: Twisted Saloons + Bonus Level: To the Western Desert!
???
Level 12: Koopa University
???
Level 13: Pipeline Penthouse + Bonus Level: Piranha Power Plant
???
Level 14: Floating Forest
???
Level 15: Cosmic Fortress
The hardest level in the game, and the biggest.
Final Level: The ??'s Last Stand
Cap Level #1: Metal Mania: Holy Cap!
Cap Level #2: Winged Mario Takes Flight
Bonus Level after 145 Stars: Now You See Me, Now You Don't
-Invisibility Cap will be used in Cosmic Fortress for a break in star, and to break into the ??'s castle in the final level. The final bonus level will include 2 extra stars, and will show more of the Invisibility Cap.
After the game is released for half a year, all descriptions near the ending will be added.
CURRENT CREW:
Just me at the moment, but I'm getting plenty of help from David and QueueRAM.
--Downloads--
2017 Demo: Coming soon...
Full Game: 2018
Thank you all.
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2017, 10:05 PM by BaconBoy. Edit Reason: Updates. )
If you like well-modeled and fun to play content, check out my current Super Mario 64 hack, Superstar Plumber!
It's Greeny approved!

Very nice hack looking forward to more previews
[Image: MReMt7K.jpg]

Good. I only have a few complaints: The music is really cringy. it just doesnt fit at all notes are out of place the custom instruments break it even more and the super high and low pitch let my ears hurt a bit. Also most textures are broken wich is a shame as you have good modelling talents. Also NSC doesnt look like a city and the random broken poochy thinghies are kinda weird

On the other hand, nice title screen, overall modelling, well thought out story and I'd say with a bit of fixing up this hack could be perfect
(This post was last modified: 22-11-2016, 06:54 PM by RobiNERD.)
Gone for good.

(22-11-2016, 06:45 PM)RobiNERD Wrote: Good. I only have a few complaints: The music is really cringy. it just doesnt fit at all notes are out of place the custom instruments break it even more and the super high and low pitch let my ears hurt a bit. Also most textures are broken wich is a shame as you have good modelling talents. Also NSC doesnt look like a city and the random broken poochy thinghies are kinda weird

On the other hand, nice title screen, overall modelling, well thought out story and I'd say with a bit of fixing up this hack could be perfect

A few complaints? Jesus, you completely destroyed it lol. Yeah I don't really like the music either, but there aren't any other fitting songs to work with it. And what textures are you talking about? New shroom city's downtown is gonna be much bigger than the beginning portion. The only reason its a seperate area is so that it doesn't go over the poly limit.
If you like well-modeled and fun to play content, check out my current Super Mario 64 hack, Superstar Plumber!
It's Greeny approved!

The thread has been updated. New preview coming next year probably.
It's Greeny approved!

Wow, this looks like a original and uncommon hack. I like the new coin model, the new sounds(those mario sounds fit very well too). Those texture changes are really good and original too Big Grin

Keep it up, This hack has potential!
Working on SM64: A New Adventure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxVwAPAQdnc

(24-11-2016, 02:23 AM)lezg_g Wrote: Wow, this looks like a original and uncommon hack. I like the new coin model, the new sounds(those mario sounds fit very well too). Those texture changes are really good and original too Big Grin

Keep it up, This hack has potential!

That's amazing hearing it from you! Thanks a ton! I'm revamping some level models at the moment to get the hack looking even better!
It's Greeny approved!

Nice hack! I really like all the sound effects you changed, if you don't mind can you send me the sound for picking up the coin in your hack?
Smile Exploring the world of hacking my project: Mario's Unusual Adventure 64 Cool

(29-11-2016, 07:32 AM)SM64Hacker323 Wrote: Nice hack! I really like all the sound effects you changed, if you don't mind can you send me the sound for picking up the coin in your hack?

I actually do mind. Not only did I replace the sound but I also messed with things inside of the sound tool so its gonna be hard to replicate.
It's Greeny approved!

01: Mario Face Front 
Ok it's fine it's just that I would like a cooler coin sound effect.
Smile Exploring the world of hacking my project: Mario's Unusual Adventure 64 Cool

Superstar Plumber (Major Hack) 1 2 3 4 »