Possible SM64 Discovery (Unused Textures??) someone put banjo textures in my rome
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

02: Mario Look Up 
So basically, Blakeoramo and I were messing about with GameShark codes then Blake randomly made this : 8133B424 1342
We found what seemed to be some sort of unused textures which have not been documented.
The red and blue flowers appeared in the castle moat for some strange reason... So far it's only been tested with a 64mb rom.
When you use the code all the textures look like a mess (scattered all around the place) but these were also scattered throughout stages too.

Here are the texture files which we found. (Ripped by me)

Size: 28.94 KB / Downloads: 84 .zip   Unused Textures.zip

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2016, 10:56 PM by shygoo.)

Nice finds Alex
PROJECT SHOSHINKAI comming 2015

banjo textures, closed

This appears to be content inserted by the PPF patch applied by the SM64 Editor (and older Level Importers) around offset 0x1210000. Given that the patch also used to change things like Mario's shadow and Whomp's star spawn, I'm guessing the patch was derived from a hack someone was working on.

[Image: CpApMOn.png]

I would have never expected SM64 to have Banjo-Kazooie textures in the rom itself. Interesting finding.
If the midi to m64 tool is done, I might give it a try and see if it sounds better than my m64s.

Possible SM64 Discovery (Unused Textures??) someone put banjo textures in my rome