(14-10-2016, 12:45 AM)SunakazeKun Wrote: https://github.com/SunakazeKun/Blast-Corps-Save-Editor
There you go. Please tell me if something doesn't work.
This is looking really nice! I tried it out and it seemed to work fine. I was able to change my file name successfully. There are a couple improvements that I think could be made.
1. I got this error in the console at startup. It still ran fine, but I'm not too familiar with this, so I'm not sure if harmless:
WARNING: Could not open/create prefs root node Software\JavaSoft\Prefs at root 0x80000002. Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5.
2. Add mnemonics to the menus and menu items so you can say "Alt-F" to open the File menu (the underlined characters). This makes navigation without a mouse much easier.
3. Are you planning to make the times editable?
4. I think the Police Car and Red Car pictures are mixed up:
5. I'd recommend using Java's String.format to format the Time string in getTime():
return String.format("%d:%04.1f", minutes, seconds);
6. I went ahead and cleaned up some of the textures so they look less blocky. See the difference in the two screenshots above. I'm attaching my updated textures as well as the ones they were derived from here if you are interested.
7. Since I have some code in this, I want to ask: are you sure you want to release this under the GPL? I tend to find it very restrictive as compared to Apache or MIT licenses. As the author, it is totally your call, I just want to hear your thoughts on it.