Castle Paintings « 1 2
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

(18-11-2016, 09:56 PM)ThunderAliG Wrote: Maybe someone (Maybe supermariosan100 since he's already got paintings working in custom levels) could make a patch or tweak to add paintings into custom levels, Just a suggestion

You can't really add objects/scripts on to custom levels using tweaks or patches alone. Someone would need to make a tool to edit the geometry layout scripts and collision data to add paintings into custom levels (which is not too difficult to do). 

You ask Mr. Skeletons if he could add it into a future version of the SM64 Level Editor. Smile
(This post was last modified: 19-11-2016, 07:18 PM by David.)

(18-11-2016, 10:36 PM)David Wrote:
(18-11-2016, 09:56 PM)ThunderAliG Wrote: Maybe someone (Maybe supermariosan100 since he's already got paintings working in custom levels) could make a patch or tweak to add paintings into custom levels, Just a suggestion

You can't really add objects/scripts on to custom levels using tweaks or patches alone. Someone would need to make a tool to edit the geometry layout scripts and collision data to add paintings into custom levels (which is not too difficult to do). 

You can see if Mr. Skeletons could add it into a future version of the SM64 Level Editor. Smile

I think Skelux should consider making this a feature in any upcoming level importer updates.
I consider it to be too time consuming to get them to work in custom stages, let alone multiple. I would love to see it included one day.
(This post was last modified: 19-11-2016, 08:39 AM by supermariosan100. Edit Reason: . )

Considering (I think) the painting is inside the level's geometry layout which you can find out with looking at the conversion logs, I think a tool could be easily made to add paintings. However, it would still limit it to having x amount of paintings. Someone just HAS to work on a patch to allow for more paintings if we manage to get that stuff working. Also, imagine some people (maybe even me...?) making a level editor which allows for paintings to be rendered and edited. That would be SOOOO awesome!

Castle Paintings « 1 2