Request: Character mod for Paper Mario 6r 1 2 3 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

I'm not sure if this is possible but could someone mod Paper Mario 64 to change Mario into Luigi or Peach or Toad? I've always wanted Nintendo to make a Paper Luigi game but I doubt that'll happen. Paper Mario has.no character mods and it'd be cool to play as someone else for a change. This is easily one of.my favorite Paper Mario games and my little brother loves it too! His favorite characters are Luigi, Peach and Toad which is why I say those 3 at the start of my post. I'd like to be able to surprise him with a modified version where he can play as one of his favorite characters for his birthday (which is September 7th) I originally wanted to buy him a 3ds or something but I'm afraid I.won't be able to surprise him with one since I've got to pay rent and all that. I've been taking care of him since I was 16 and our parents aren't around to care for him (just in case you were wondering) I'm going to.school full time and working on top of that so I won't have time to learn this myself. He's a big Mario fan and this would be a great gift to surprise him with! He'll be turning 13 in September. Thanks for reading my post for those of.you that did. I look forward to hearing from you.guys.

This should be possible to do with clover's tool (when released), but to be honest it's probably possible to do right now with masking textures using an emulator. I'd say it would take a couple of hours to create a texture pack to mask Mario with Luigi and also mask Luigi with Mario.

You could then also use Mario Mache to replace every mention of Mario with Luigi and vice versa.

I'd think it'd be fairly easy to do, but it'd take a lot of dedicated time to do considering you'd have to create some custom images for Luigi, ie Mario's spinning texture.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2016, 02:25 AM by Drewworks. Edit Reason: clarification )
[Image: iD66HSw.png]
Check out my game Slicer available on Google Play and the App Store!
or don't... ᴼᴴ ᴴᴵ ᵁᴾ ᵀᴴᴱᴿᴱ \(ಠ_ಠ)

I think a Paper Peach will be something cool rs...
With differents party members, Drewworks already has a project with a member from Toad race.

I'm just waiting clover's tool to try to materialize this idea, rs.

Oh, nice! There is hope for Paper Mario modding then. Is there an estimated release date for clover's tool? I'd like to see this happen by my brother's bday if possible. I agree that a Paper Peach would also be very cool! That'd be interesting to see. Does Drewworks have a YouTube channel that I can check out? A paper Toad would be cool to see and I'd like to keep track of his progress. Thanks for the replies guys! I honestly thought that no one would respond or want to take a request. I look forward to seeing if a Paper Luigi and/or Paper Peach gets made! All 3 would be awesome to see and I'm excited to see what happens (if anything does.) I'll keep track of this topic by staying logged in so when I have time I can read your guys' comments and reply when needed.

Clover's tool has no release date at the moment.

I do not have a YouTube channel.

Junninx is speaking about this -->
http://origami64.net/showthread.php?tid=12&pid=3617#pid3617
Spoiler :
Attack
[Image: giphy.gif]

Idle

Walking

Talking

Excited

Hurt

Burnt

Focus

Reading a note
[Image: Tn301b6.png]

Looking
[Image: uKSBrpZ.png]

I'd be happy to make a texture pack for you that replaces Mario with Luigi, but no promises. At the moment, I'm out of town and I do most of my graphic work on my desktop computer at home. I'll also be out of town next week, but once I get back I'll see how much work it's really going to take and I'll see if I can help you out. Again, no promises though.
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2016, 08:23 PM by Drewworks.)

Okay. Why don't you have a YouTube channel? That'd be a great place so show off your mods and the Toad mod looks incredible! I would really appreciate it if you could do it! You sound like a busy man and I wouldn't want to get in the way of your work. I do look forward to hearing back from you though. I'll keep an eye out for any new posts on here.

Quote:Ie Mario's spinning texture.

Isn't Mario's spinning animation stored in model animation? But Mario's spinning texture you mean the pipe animation?
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2016, 04:59 AM by RobiNERD.)

I wasn't planning on actually replacing the textures inside the rom, rather I was going to use a plugin on an emulator to mask the textures.

Unfortunately, Luigi is only possible to replace with Mario since Luigi's images are larger than Mario's allowing for Mario's images to fit inside Luigi's image frame (translating Mario's images to line up properly would be necessary, but I didn't do this considering there is no reason since replacing Mario with Luigi won't be possible). Luigi on the other hand will not fit into Mario's image frame due to Luigi being larger than Mario.

Unless there is a way to allow larger images to replace smaller ones in texture masking with some other emulator plugin that I'm not aware of, then progressing any further won't be possible.

Since I did, however, take the time (about an hour) to create a demo texture pack to see how Mario and Luigi would line up on screen I went ahead and took some screenshots to let you see Luigi in action. Here you go: (You'll also be able to see what I mean about the image sizes)
Spoiler :

[Image: dLe8gup.png]
[Image: r4xu1nV.png]
[Image: 0Hm3Q3A.png]
[Image: gYXjXiv.png]
[Image: C1JFee8.png]
[Image: V4NclgM.png]

Once clover's tool has come out, I'd be willing to bet replacing Mario and Luigi will be fairly easy to do, but for now we'll just have to wait.

Edit: On the other hand, Toad would be able to fit into Mario's image. Someone could definitely make a texture pack that replaces Mario with Toad. (The great thing about creating texture packs is once clover's tool is released you could potentially replace the textures within the rom with the ones from your texture pack)
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2016, 03:28 PM by Drewworks.)

(06-08-2016, 04:06 PM)Drewworks Wrote: I wasn't planning on actually replacing the textures inside the rom, rather I was going to use a plugin on an emulator to mask the textures.

Unfortunately, Luigi is only possible to replace with Mario since Luigi's images are larger than Mario's allowing for Mario's images to fit inside Luigi's image frame (translating Mario's images to line up properly would be necessary, but I didn't do this considering there is no reason since replacing Mario with Luigi won't be possible). Luigi on the other hand will not fit into Mario's image frame due to Luigi being larger than Mario.

Unless there is a way to allow larger images to replace smaller ones in texture masking with some other emulator plugin that I'm not aware of, then progressing any further won't be possible.

Since I did, however, take the time (about an hour) to create a demo texture pack to see how Mario and Luigi would line up on screen I went ahead and took some screenshots to see Luigi in action. Here you go: (You'll also be able to see what I mean about the image sizes)
Spoiler :

Once clover's tool has come out I'd be willing to bet replacing Mario and Luigi will be fairly easy to do, but for now we'll just have to wait.
Why not downscale the image and make it the same percentage as the original one?

(06-08-2016, 04:11 PM)RobiNERD Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 04:06 PM)Drewworks Wrote: I wasn't planning on actually replacing the textures inside the rom, rather I was going to use a plugin on an emulator to mask the textures.

Since I did, however, take the time (about an hour) to create a demo texture pack to see how Mario and Luigi would line up on screen I went ahead and took some screenshots to see Luigi in action. Here you go: (You'll also be able to see what I mean about the image sizes)

Spoiler :

Once clover's tool has come out I'd be willing to bet replacing Mario and Luigi will be fairly easy to do, but for now we'll just have to wait.

Edit: On the other hand, Toad would be able to fit into Mario's image. Someone could definitely make a texture pack that replaces Mario with Toad. (The great thing about creating texture packs is once clover's tool is released you could potentially replace the textures within the rom with the ones from your texture pack)
Why not downscale the image and make it the same percentage as the original one?
Because then Luigi would look like this, compared to Mario and other characters looking like this.
Spoiler :
(Scaled Luigi-->)[Image: dEM4FI1.png][Image: dIcfenX.png][Image: sE7ezos.png][Image: RrVrVvk.png] (<--original Luigi)

To me that looks too sloppy.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2016, 03:28 PM by Drewworks.)

Request: Character mod for Paper Mario 6r 1 2 3 »