REQUEST: Two Player Paper Mario N64
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Hey, I'm not sure if this can even work. But would it be possible to make Paper Mario for two players? Where P1 can play Mario and P2 can play the partner?

I know it might be impossible but I had a dream about it the other day, and I think it would be amazing!

Thanks,
[Image: tumblr_n65pjeCkcr1r37pceo1_400.gif]

Thats a lot of asm code and research to do. Let alone the implications of not knowing why something doesn't work.

I can't imagine anyone would be capable of pulling this off at the moment, but there is an invested interest in Paper Mario so it's up to god.

(18-07-2016, 11:12 PM)SuperColinTV Wrote: Hey, I'm not sure if this can even work. But would it be possible to make Paper Mario for two players? Where P1 can play Mario and P2 can play the partner?

I know it might be impossible but I had a dream about it the other day, and I think it would be amazing!

Thanks,

Sorry, but its impossible. First most behaviors require only a boolean value (value=false(0)/true(1)) so it would cause game crashes to add one to true, and also mario's sprite is hardcoded everywhere, also fixing this the camera points at mario'position, so giving it 6 values instead of 3 could also cause game crashes, and in every area the camera is hardcoded in a way, and it is possible to give different behaviors to stuff, but its impossible to expand alot the rom, as the position of stuff is also hardcoded everywhere, so remember it was just a dream
Lorem Ipsum.

Anything is possible for a motivated romhacker. It's nonsensical to claim a multiplayer hack would be impossible when a very playable multiplayer hack for SM64 exists.

I guess things like following mario if they go past the camera would still have to happen, unless an ability is used. Don't know much at all about ASM, so...

RobiNERD I've warned you enough about misinformation, if you don't have anything useful to contribute or don't know what you're saying then please don't bother posting.
Gone for a while.

it's not impossible, you just need to recode half of the game

(07-10-2016, 03:15 PM)Benedani Wrote: it's not impossible, you just need to recode half of the game

Precisely what I had to to with SM64 Multiplayer, it's thousands of lines of code long. Paper Mario would probably be a walk in the park in comparison, and I've already documented a fair amount of the game code. Will consider making this hack.

yay!!

(07-10-2016, 06:19 PM)Skeletons Wrote:
(07-10-2016, 03:15 PM)Benedani Wrote: it's not impossible, you just need to recode half of the game

Precisely what I had to to with SM64 Multiplayer, it's thousands of lines of code long. Paper Mario would probably be a walk in the park in comparison, and I've already documented a fair amount of the game code. Will consider making this hack.

Please do! It would be so awesome!!! Heart

REQUEST: Two Player Paper Mario N64