Thousand-Year Door+ [v.1.0]
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Heya! I know this forum is mostly for Paper Mario 64 hacks, but I've been working on a Thousand-Year Door hack for a while, and it's finally in a state where I'm happy releasing it!
I call it Thousand Year Door+

This hack makes a bevvy of script and texture changes to the game. The modifications can be broken up into four categories, and I've made them all fully customizable – you can mix-and-match them as you like. The default, bare-bones mod only makes basic fixes – mostly oversights from the localization team. Screenshots: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

The second category contains de-localizations - any major elements that were changed between the Japanese and English releases have been reverted. Screenshots: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

The third category is modernizations. Any enemies or items whose designs have noticeably changed since Thousand-Year Door's release have been tweaked to more closely resemble their current counterparts. I didn't go quite as far as the changes they made in Sticker Star – I wanted so strike a good balance between classic and modern. Screenshots: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

The fourth category includes some miscellaneous additions that didn't quite fit in the other mods. I couldn't possibly list them all here, so look in readme file for more details! Screenshots: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

The mod can be downloaded here.
It's worth noting that this mod must be played in the Dolphin emulator to see the texture changes – the script changes work on actual hardware, though. If you have any suggestions for future additions to this mod, or notice any oversights on my part, feel free to mention them in the thread, or just email me at griscuitsandbavy@gmail.com
(This post was last modified: 21-06-2016, 01:00 AM by Griscuit.)

10: Star 
Great work!  Smile

If there's one thing I reccomend, swap the E3 demo theme (You can find it in the files) with the title theme. I think it gives a feel of "starting a brand new adventure"!
Who you callin pinhead

(20-06-2016, 12:45 PM)toonjoey Wrote: If there's one thing I reccomend, swap the E3 demo theme (You can find it in the files) with the title theme. I think it gives a feel of "starting a brand new adventure"!

There's an idea... replacing this game's music is actually really simple with GCRebuilder and a specialized build of Audacity (located here, for anyone interested in trying it themselves.) I've actually been tossing around the idea of making a mod replacing all the music with Paper Mario 64 tracks.

I wonder if it'd be possible to re-add the original Riverside Station music? The release version replaced it with ambient sound, which doesn't seem to be stored in the same filetype as the music, so it'd probably have to be hacked in somehow... and that's well beyond my abilities ^^'

Thousand-Year Door+ [v.1.0]