Thousand-Year Door+ [v.1.0] 1 2 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Edit: Version 3.0 is now available! This version is now fully compatible with real hardware (provided you have a hacked Wii / Wii U kicking around) and reincorporates some cut content from the JP version that had previously eluded me. For a comprehensive list of what's new, check out the readme here

Heya! I know this forum is mostly for Paper Mario 64 hacks, but I've been working on a Thousand-Year Door hack for a while, and it's finally in a state where I'm happy releasing it!
I call it Thousand Year Door+

This hack makes a bevvy of changes to Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door. The basic, no-frills mod fixes errors and oversights in the game’s script, and reverts changes made during the game’s localization (cola = alcohol, the whole business with Vivian’s gender, etc.)
Screenshots: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

There is also an optional mod that adds some fun extras; a couple of gags from the Spanish localization are added to the mix, some of Vivian’s story-relevant dialogue has been tweaked, and much more. The “extras” .txt file in the zip details all of the changes, check it out and see if it strikes your fancy.
Screenshots: 1, 2

Should you be so inclined, there is also a third mod included that updates certain enemies and items to make their appearances in-line with the more recent Paper Mario games. Rather than just copying the Color Splash sprites, I opted to use the TTYD sprites as a basis. This way they still maintain the game's iconic style.
Screenshots: 1, 2, 3, 4

The mod can be downloaded here.
If you have any suggestions for future additions to this mod, or notice any oversights on my part, feel free to mention them in the thread, or just email me at griscuitsandbavy@gmail.com
(This post was last modified: 13-09-2017, 07:38 PM by Griscuit.)

10: Star 
Great work!  Smile

If there's one thing I reccomend, swap the E3 demo theme (You can find it in the files) with the title theme. I think it gives a feel of "starting a brand new adventure"!
Who you callin pinhead

(20-06-2016, 12:45 PM)toonjoey Wrote: If there's one thing I reccomend, swap the E3 demo theme (You can find it in the files) with the title theme. I think it gives a feel of "starting a brand new adventure"!

There's an idea... replacing this game's music is actually really simple with GCRebuilder and a specialized build of Audacity (located here, for anyone interested in trying it themselves.) I've actually been tossing around the idea of making a mod replacing all the music with Paper Mario 64 tracks.

I wonder if it'd be possible to re-add the original Riverside Station music? The release version replaced it with ambient sound, which doesn't seem to be stored in the same filetype as the music, so it'd probably have to be hacked in somehow... and that's well beyond my abilities ^^'

New version get!
Sorry for the extended absence. Got a new version of this hack for anyone interested--check out the OP for details!

In case you did not know using Brawl box you can edit the games TPLs allowing you to change 70% of the games textures, I just thought this info would be intresting to you Griscuit. Thanks great mod.
Got Akira Himegawa's 10 Zelda Manga's for christmas, I can die happy now.

(29-08-2017, 10:44 PM)Gamecubed Wrote: In case you did not know using Brawl box you can edit the games TPLs allowing you to change 70% of the games textures, I just thought this info would be intresting to you Griscuit. Thanks great mod.

You don't say :0
I had no idea. I'll def look into that, thanks!

Hi there!
I installed the hack, but I wanted to know if I could choose each "extra" feature of the mod. I mean, if I could install "some" of the extra features without installing other extra features

Example: I want the Extra Dialogues, but I don't want the the Green Boots. What should I do?

(10-09-2017, 07:29 PM)FelipeGames2000 Wrote: Hi there!
I installed the hack, but I wanted to know if I could choose each "extra" feature of the mod. I mean, if I could install "some" of the extra features without installing other extra features

Example: I want the Extra Dialogues, but I don't want the the Green Boots. What should I do?

The green boots are simple enough to remove. They're stored in the texture folder, so just go in there and delete any textures you don't want c:

That said, I'm actually working on a new version that puts the new textures in the game's iso -- that way it can be played on real hardware. However, it's gonna make it a bit harder for players to edit textures as they see fit, unless they wanna go digging around in the iso.

I could remove the green boots from the extra mod and plop them into the modernized mod if there's enough of a demand.
(This post was last modified: 10-09-2017, 07:51 PM by Griscuit.)

(10-09-2017, 07:31 PM)Griscuit Wrote:
(10-09-2017, 07:29 PM)FelipeGames2000 Wrote: Hi there!

The green boots are simple enough to remove. They're stored in the texture folder, so just go in there and delete any textures you don't want c:

That said, I'm actually working on a new version that puts the new textures in the game's iso -- that way it can be played on real hardware. However, it's gonna make it a bit harder for players to edit textures as they see fit, unless they wanna go digging around in the iso.

I could remove the green boots from the extra mod and plop them into the modernized mod if there's enough of a demand.

sorry for (kinda) late reply
What I'm trying to ask is, if you could bring the extra features into separated folders, so I could keep only the changes I want. What I mentioned was just a small example. If went into details, this reply would be freakin huge (and nobody wants to hear my tastes)

But still, you did a NICE mod! I really loved it, and keep up with the good work!
(sorry if I had any english mistakes)

Thousand-Year Door+ [v.1.0] 1 2 »