Star Rod Updates « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8
Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

I vote for Github if youre planning on going open source.

Having documentation available on the Origami64 wiki is something that should happen, but I think also having a centralized designated wiki for Star Rod alone would also be a good idea. I think this may turn into a large enough platform to need its own space with the amount of detail were going to have to go into.

Also, with the website. What about keeping the frontend as basic as possible, then have multiple download sources from various people that offer to host?

Ive gone ahead and made a subreddit and discord server for everyone to use, not sure what the rules are on here about sharing those here.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2017, 07:20 PM by Greave.)

@Clover

Do you think you could show another trailer? Thanks!
Got Akira Himegawa's 10 Zelda Manga's for christmas, I can die happy now.

lol i just like how people dont know what mib was talking about and say the github is better because its open source. what mib was talking about was just domains (*.github.io) so i guess we would have a github page and a website HOSTED on github. thats nothing to do with open source we can also have the website elsewhere and have a github page.

Also I don't think it should have it's own wiki or discord etc. its just a tool, whats the last time SM64 editor had all of this.

I also think the opposite of: "then have multiple download sources from various people that offer to host?" i think it would be better to just host on the website and multiple people share a link of it.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2017, 08:43 PM by RobiNERD.)
Gone for good.

RobiNERD, wut. I'm pretty sure mib's response boils down to:

Star Rod source code/releases -> github
ROM documentation -> O64 Wiki

(I advocate these options too!)
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2017, 09:46 PM by shygoo.)

(10-02-2017, 08:37 PM)RobiNERD Wrote: lol i just like how people dont know what mib was talking about and say the github is better because its open source. what mib was talking about was just domains (*.github.io) so i guess we would have a github page and a website HOSTED on github. thats nothing to do with open source we can also have the website elsewhere and have a github page.

Also I don't think it should have it's own wiki or discord etc. its just a tool, whats the last time SM64 editor had all of this.

I also think the opposite of: "then have multiple download sources from various people that offer to host?" i think it would be better to just host on the website and multiple people share a link of it.

What?
Why wouldnt you want it to have its own wiki? I wasnt saying we shouldnt add the information to the Origami64 wiki, just that also working on a centralized wiki dedicated to SR would be beneficial.

This may be just a tool, but it looks like its going to be more extensive than any tools we have available for PM64 at the moment, that means more documentation, and more information that needs to be easily accessible if we want more people to get involved. Having a centralized area for people to easily access this information would help more people learn to work with SR and make things they want to make.

Same with having a discord, or a subreddit. Anything that provides an easy way for people to keep up to date with things and ask questions is a positive thing, paper mario has a pretty obsessive following and Ive seen a lot of interest pop up in the community for something like this. A lot of people are really excited about it.

And my suggestion about hosting was pretty tame, having a lightweight frontend is a good thing, having redundant download hosts is a good thing. Just putting my two cents in. Dont know what Clover intends to do with it.

Also, SM64 editor doesnt have its own wiki, no. Its actually kinda hard to find documentation on it, which is what im talking about. There are large communities based around SM64 hacks, with discords, forums, and overarching wikis though. Thats why I went ahead and made the discord and subreddit, and probably a minimal wiki through the subreddit eventually. It doesnt have to be the only source of information, just trying to help people to find SR and learn to work with it once it comes out  Chill
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2017, 01:06 AM by Greave.)

"having a lightweight frontend" its against design rules to do otherwise, i never said that was wrong but a wiki, discord and subreddit (paper mario fans on reddit are mostly disgusting people from my experience) already exist for paper mario. Documentation and stuff is paper mario related stuff, nothing to do with star rod. also "having redundant download hosts is a good thing." I disagree. It's better to host it on github drive or something with good webhost speed. having one download max 1 kbps and one max 1 gbps is not a good idea at all (Sorry for exagerating it's just an example)

so overall i would disagree on most of these things. I think i should stop posting because i don't want to be involved in hacking anymore, if you need something else or I am chosen to make the website PM me.

EDIT:
"RobiNERD, wut. I'm pretty sure mib's response boils down to:

Star Rod source code/releases -> github
ROM documentation -> O64 Wiki

(I advocate these options too!)"

he was talking about hosting too when he said github. It would be a fast webhost but starrod.github.io (or anything else) would be kinda weird given the .github.io hosting can be done also separetly and then link to the github page (not website)
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2017, 12:50 PM by RobiNERD.)
Gone for good.

Mega-hyped for this.
Clover, do you know when exactly this piece of art will be released?

And btw, could you say what was done until now? (only if you did more things)

I'm back and working on it!
There's still about two dozen items on my release checklist.

(Deleted more consecutive posts asking for a release date. When you guys bump the thread with the same thing over and over again, you are wasting time for people who visit expecting there to be new content.)

Star Rod Updates « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8