Star Rod Updates « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Quote:You've discussed how creating new partners would take a lot of dedication from whoever is creating a hack. I'm sure it would be much easier to use the existing partners and just change their sprites to create new characters. I'm curious though, would it be possible to rearrange the order in which partners are acquired?

I would assume that there's flags that are marked depending on if you've acquired a partner or not, but say I mark the flag for Bombette to be acquired, will this automatically mark Goombario and Kooper to be acquired as well?

How is it exactly that the game keeps track of partners? I'd assume it's just a byte or two that says "you have this partner". Unless it's like you're saying, where it's a number that goes up. I could probably verify this with Cheat Engine, but I've been busy doing something else...

[Image: DnUSZO3.png]

Clover: Let me know if you'd like to use this logo I'm making. I was thinking of adding "Modding Suite" below the text in a aesthetically pleasing way, but I deliberately stopped here because I wanted your feedback first. Or if you'd rather use something you create for a splash screen (I'm assuming this thing takes a while to load). Here's a mock-up:

[Image: SLatv2C.png]

EDIT:

So I didn't have to use cheat engine to verify that having one partner doesn't give you the other ones. Just using the cheats that show up on Project64 was enough to verify that having a higher level partner doesn't give you a lower one, so you can absolutely just change one partner out with another and "acquire" that one whenever you want.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2016, 07:27 PM by Crashing Thunder.)
[Image: 2wKJA6Y.png]

(04-07-2016, 07:42 AM)Drewworks Wrote: You've discussed how creating new partners would take a lot of dedication from whoever is creating a hack. I'm sure it would be much easier to use the existing partners and just change their sprites to create new characters. I'm curious though, would it be possible to rearrange the order in which partners are acquired?

I would assume that there's flags that are marked depending on if you've acquired a partner or not, but say I mark the flag for Bombette to be acquired, will this automatically mark Goombario and Kooper to be acquired as well?

They are totally independent in that regard. Flags for partner + level appear after Mario stats in RAM. Each partner also has 6 unused bytes, which may indicate they were to have HP at some point.

(04-07-2016, 05:50 PM)Crashing Thunder Wrote: Let me know if you'd like to use this logo I'm making. I was thinking of adding "Modding Suite" below the text in a aesthetically pleasing way, but I deliberately stopped here because I wanted your feedback first. Or if you'd rather use something you create for a splash screen (I'm assuming this thing takes a while to load). Here's a mock-up:

Nice logo. I don't have any plans for a splash screen at the moment since it only takes a few seconds to load, but it may come in handy if we create a documentation wiki!

(18-06-2016, 03:38 AM)clover Wrote: Not supported:
  • Music/sound editing. If someone cracks the format, I will add it.

Subdrag recently added support for PM on his N64 MIDI sequence exporter, the N64 soundbank tool.

http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=302

(12-07-2016, 03:17 PM)clover Wrote: <snip>

(04-07-2016, 05:50 PM)Crashing Thunder Wrote: Let me know if you'd like to use this logo I'm making. I was thinking of adding "Modding Suite" below the text in a aesthetically pleasing way, but I deliberately stopped here because I wanted your feedback first. Or if you'd rather use something you create for a splash screen (I'm assuming this thing takes a while to load). Here's a mock-up:

Nice logo. I don't have any plans for a splash screen at the moment since it only takes a few seconds to load, but it may come in handy if we create a documentation wiki!

We do have a wiki for documentation, but the Paper Mario section is very lacking at the moment.
(This post was last modified: 13-07-2016, 02:49 PM by Skeletons.)

It's possible in your tool, prevent partners to attack?
Some battles will be great without partners abilities.

Keep up the great work man! Paper Mario was the first game that I ever bought as a kid. I can't wait to create something with this tool!
(This post was last modified: 18-07-2016, 11:05 PM by SuperColinTV.)
[Image: tumblr_n65pjeCkcr1r37pceo1_400.gif]

This is great. You're awesome.

I love how you're making it as easy as possible for a hack developer (script editing, click and drag geometry editing).

Do you see it releasing this year, or longer term?

I'm translating Paper Mario (U) to Brazilian Portuguese with Mario Mache by Skeletons,
I wonder if there is something that does star rod incompatible with it or should I don't worry ?

(23-07-2016, 08:26 PM)junninx Wrote: I'm translating Paper Mario (U) to Brazilian Portuguese with Mario Mache by Skeletons,
I wonder if there is something that does star rod incompatible with it or should I don't worry ?

Of course it will as it uses the same paper Mario rom format.
(This post was last modified: 23-07-2016, 08:31 PM by RobiNERD.)

This is awesome! I've been enjoying using Star Rod thus far.

Star Rod Updates « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »