Star Rod Updates « 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

(20-06-2016, 11:13 PM)clover Wrote:
(20-06-2016, 06:40 PM)RobiNERD Wrote: Just to ask... can objects (also the main obj) be easily rotated , and if yes can also theire collisions, and also can an object inserted later (Example: coin) be rotated around the center of the level while in game?
Also can all of this be called by moving the control stick in some direction?

You can do that, you'd just assign the objects to a transformation group and then control the transformation matrix through scripts using the script API. There's a function call for RotateGroup(id, rx, ry, rz) so you could just use that. Many many things are possible since the game logic is driven by a scripting language rather than all being compiled c.

Ok, thanks Smile!!
Lorem Ipsum.

You mentioned on some earlier posts that your mod had some extra endgame content (boss fights, dungeons, etc.). As the game forces you to reset after you've beaten Bowser, how do you detect when someone has "beaten the game" and unlock these challenges? Or are these available from the get-go?

On the same token, would it be possible to edit the endgame cutscene to give control back to Mario and let the game continue on? I feel like there may be a lot of technical hurdles with that, but I'm just curious if you've dug into the endgame scripts/cutscenes at all.

(22-06-2016, 03:38 PM)ughwire Wrote: You mentioned on some earlier posts that your mod had some extra endgame content (boss fights, dungeons, etc.). As the game forces you to reset after you've beaten Bowser, how do you detect when someone has "beaten the game" and unlock these challenges? Or are these available from the get-go?

On the same token, would it be possible to edit the endgame cutscene to give control back to Mario and let the game continue on? I feel like there may be a lot of technical hurdles with that, but I'm just curious if you've dug into the endgame scripts/cutscenes at all.

I plan to leave most of the content available as early as possible for intrepid players. Since the game keeps track of the 'story progress' with a specific saved byte, you could just lock all the content until that byte reaches its maximum value. Many events in the game happen or do not happen based on your story progress.

I'm not sure what event triggers the final value, but you could set it when the player hits the final save point. Alternatively, you could update it during the ending scene and just add a save prompt to the end of the game. All of things are script-driven and the final screen is just another map. Even the game over screen is another map, presumably you could change that as well.
(This post was last modified: 22-06-2016, 06:01 PM by clover.)

Psyched for this Release, been waiting for years for a Paper Mario editor!!

(23-06-2016, 12:23 AM)Pop000100 Wrote: Psyched for this Release, been waiting for years for a Paper Mario editor!!

Tell me about it. With all the disappointment that Nintendo has been bringing to the Paper Mario Franschise since after SPM (good game), it's really nice to know that soon the fans will have the capability to make a decent addition. There's just too much love for this game for that not to happen.

What I think needs to happen at some point (probably not right away though) is the community coming together and making a fully-fledged "sequel". There are plenty of fanfics / story ideas that people have already thought through that could be adapted to an actual game. For now, though, I think that "recreating" the original PM64 and just using most of the existing world models as a base would be the way to go.
[Image: 2wKJA6Y.png]

While I personally think TTYD is the high point of the series, let's refrain from any further disparaging remarks about Sticker Star / Color Splash.

Clover, you've done excellent work so far. Can't wait for this to be released! You guys can be sure to plan on a rom hack made by yours truly! I've had an idea in mind for quite some time now.

Incredible, but I need to ask:
you are considering the N64 system limitations ? So we can play on real N64 console with a EverDrive?
Then it will be amazing, play in the Original System.

I've been wanting something like this ever since I played the game. I am 100% on board and made an account on here just for that reason. I will indeed follow you with the utmost prestigious of grand anticipations. You'll make us proud.  Cool

You've discussed how creating new partners would take a lot of dedication from whoever is creating a hack. I'm sure it would be much easier to use the existing partners and just change their sprites to create new characters. I'm curious though, would it be possible to rearrange the order in which partners are acquired?

I would assume that there's flags that are marked depending on if you've acquired a partner or not, but say I mark the flag for Bombette to be acquired, will this automatically mark Goombario and Kooper to be acquired as well?
[Image: FJdRvVq.png]
Click the image to go to the PM:Hacking Archive
ᴼᴴ ᴴᴵ ᵁᴾ ᵀᴴᴱᴿᴱ\(ಠ_ಠ)

Star Rod Updates « 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 »