REQUEST: A little text editing [or] Whispers of The Stars!
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

10: Star 
Hello, I'm your average joined-the-forum-for-answers-but-also-can't-wait-for-SMSRDS-guy  Cool
....the last 7 parts are unique to this forum though.

Anyway, I know nothing about modding, but do think my request should be easy?
To be honest, I've been playing Paper Mario on Android (though I did get it on the wii aswell) and so far, it's a blast! Big Grin

That is.......until anyone who uses wiggly text starts talking.........
So.....basically every piece of dialogue the star spirits say.........

It's probably obvious what I'm going to request now, but here it goes: does anyone have the free time/coding-wit to replace the wavy text in the game with a different font (assuming it even IS a font, and not some N64 work around they discovered)

And yes, I have tried looking into the hacking programs that are out there, but, and I apologise for my ineptness/stupidity, I always end up confused by it all...

If anyone could help, it's be a great help, not only to me- but most of the people who play Paper Mario on the go, but also have a deep care for RPG storylines and dialogue.

Thank you for reading this! And-again-sorry for my ineptness. Confused

I see what you mean... Well the game actually uses some code to change text type size etc.. Well I would consider you do it since its kind of annoyng... The ideal program fo do this would be mache 64 so just delete the effect things...
Lorem Ipsum.

(28-04-2016, 05:24 AM)RobiNERD Wrote: I see what you mean... Well the game actually uses some code to change text type size etc.. Well I would consider you do it since its kind of annoyng... The ideal program fo do this would be mache 64 so just delete the effect things...

Okay, one question [which, if answered yes, will lead into the second question]:

1.) Are there any other characters aside from Star Spirits who use wiggly text; and if so, could anyone tell me who?

2.) Actually.....this question should have probably gone first............. Actually wait a second. . . okay.  Glare
Here's the question: can I just delete the effector or do I have to find every instance of it and delete it there?

If the latter, then -

3.) Are there any other characters aside from Star Spirits who use wiggly text; and if so, could anyone tell me who?
 In fact, does anyone have any way of telling me when this effect is used?  Trouble

Thank you for replying, though!
That was fast.  Chill

[P.S. telling me how I delete the effect in mache 64 could help to; I'm just presupposing I'll get confused and need help and pre-asking the question now, rather than later, when I've screwed up a rom or two in frustration]

[QUICK EDIT: I'm looking for Mache 64 to no avail, any links would help aswell]

Little Update:
Okay, so I got it open in Mache, and found star dialogue for reference.
It says [start_effect 7] when I click the dialogue, meanwhile it isn't there before I click it.

the only thing that IS there is [Unknown 217]

I don't know if either is the effect, the text, or what...
the [start_effect 7] seems most likely, but the fact that it doesn't appear in the left box has me a little skeptical.

Any input would be appreciated, as I've jumped straight into the rabbit hole: head first. Bewilderment
(This post was last modified: 28-04-2016, 02:55 PM by NichoMania2.)

(28-04-2016, 02:34 PM)NichoMania2 Wrote:
(28-04-2016, 05:24 AM)RobiNERD Wrote: I see what you mean... Well the game actually uses some code to change text type size etc.. Well I would consider you do it since its kind of annoyng... The ideal program fo do this would be mache 64 so just delete the effect things...

Okay, one question [which, if answered yes, will lead into the second question]:

1.) Are there any other characters aside from Star Spirits who use wiggly text; and if so, could anyone tell me who?

2.) Actually.....this question should have probably gone first............. Actually wait a second. . . okay.  Glare
Here's the question: can I just delete the effector or do I have to find every instance of it and delete it there?

If the latter, then -

3.) Are there any other characters aside from Star Spirits who use wiggly text; and if so, could anyone tell me who?
 In fact, does anyone have any way of telling me when this effect is used?  Trouble

That was fast.  Chill

[P.S. telling me how I delete the effect in mache 64 could help to; I'm just presupposing I'll get confused and need help and pre-asking the question now, rather than later, when I've screwed up a rom or two in frustration]

Little Update:
It says [start_effect 7] when I click the dialogue, meanwhile it isn't there before I click it.

the [start_effect 7] seems most likely, but the fact that it doesn't appear in the left box has me a little skeptical.

Any input would be appreciated, as I've jumped straight into the rabbit hole: head first. Bewilderment

Well it does not appear in the left tab because it is a game effect... It is star_effect7... Anyways I think sometimes when characters whisper the effect is also used...
Edit: anyways I am not really sure so try both...
Edit2: sorry... It is actually unknown... Start effect is the scrolling...
(This post was last modified: 28-04-2016, 03:19 PM by RobiNERD.)
Lorem Ipsum.

(28-04-2016, 03:05 PM)RobiNERD Wrote:

If the latter, then -

That was fast.  Chill

Little Update:

Any input would be appreciated, as I've jumped straight into the rabbit hole: head first.  Bewilderment

Well it does not appear in the left tab because it is a game effect... It is star_effect7... Anyways I think sometimes when characters whisper the effect is also used...

I did it! I now have a fixed rom...so far as the beginning stars are concerned (I got rid of ALL the start_effect 7's that were followed by Unknown 217...if there are ones NOT followed by Unknown 217, they're still buggy....

so...seeing as people might want this kind of patch/pre-patched rom......where should I put it?

(28-04-2016, 09:36 PM)NichoMania2 Wrote:
(28-04-2016, 03:05 PM)RobiNERD Wrote:

If the latter, then -

That was fast.  Chill

Little Update:

Any input would be appreciated, as I've jumped straight into the rabbit hole: head first.  Bewilderment

I did it! I now have a fixed rom...so far as the beginning stars are concerned (I got rid of ALL the start_effect 7's that were followed by Unknown 217...if there are ones NOT followed by Unknown 217, they're still buggy....

so...seeing as people might want this kind of patch/pre-patched rom......where should I put it?
On the minus world forum... I think you unlock it by making one thread. Its the last social forums page... I mighi update this post with a url
Update: http://origami64.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=19
(This post was last modified: 29-04-2016, 02:33 PM by RobiNERD.)
Lorem Ipsum.

(08-05-2016, 02:22 PM)Kazu Wrote: How to change menu text?
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/8eBXoDF1BBc/hqdefault.jpg

Well these are textures... I think the easyest way is to find corrisponding adresses and edit them in N64Rip...
Lorem Ipsum.

I can't get adresses...
Help plz

I hate to bring up an old thread, but I'm trying to find NichoMania2's patch file for this rom hack.

If anyone happens to have it please post a link on this thread, otherwise I've PM'd NichoMania2 and hopefully he can post it or message me a download link if/when he gets back on.

Edit:
I've added your rom hack to the Paper Mario Hacking Archive Rom Hacks sections  Chirpy . I also created a ppf patch file that can be downloaded along with a ppf patching tool for your hack. I added it as Paper Mario No Whispers. If you'd like me to change the name or the description just give me a shout. Chill
(This post was last modified: 17-08-2016, 07:07 AM by Drewworks.)
[Image: FJdRvVq.png]
Click the image to go to the PM:Hacking Archive
ᴼᴴ ᴴᴵ ᵁᴾ ᵀᴴᴱᴿᴱ\(ಠ_ಠ)

REQUEST: A little text editing [or] Whispers of The Stars!