Super Mario Star Road « 1 2
Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

A lot of people have heaped praise on this particular rom hack. I'm no different, and I love what I've played so far...but the camera can be a nightmare. There are several stars (the second star of the sky resort comes to mind) where the camera really gets in the way, usually because you have to adjust it in a timed section that doesn't give you enough time to do so.

I'd just like to note something, the changelog says the final version fixes the Handroid, I've been watching an LPer play the game and I know he's playing the final version as I gave it to him, he recently got to that boss and one of the hands despawned on him several times.

He's using the included emulator too, however he has changed the graphics plugin, I don't know if that could cause problems?
(This post was last modified: 19-11-2016, 04:11 PM by Xirix.)

Great hack! I am doing a walkthrough series of it on my channel.

I decided to upload a beta version from October 2011, the levels and soundtrack are significantly different: https://www.mediafire.com/?s33iy1zixhhs4fd

Is there a multiplayer version of the beta version planned? Because that would be awesome!

Also this version looks a lot harder, great! Now on to beat Kaizo Mario, this beta hack, and then to beat Chaos edition 2.0! So much frustrating fun to come! Thanks for this.
(This post was last modified: 22-06-2017, 09:45 PM by SuperToad64.)

So after enjoying the beta that I did on my stream, I'd like to give some reports of it I've encountered during the gameplay:

1. Some stars feel like they are incomplete (C6 reds are missing) or have the same star number (C10 stars 5 and 6 are the chill bully's star; C13 star 2 is star 1).
2. Bunch of collision problems making easy-going places inaccessible, like getting on top of the slide tube in C11 for the red coin--I had to BLJ through to get it.
3. Koopa Canyon's race is broken: Koopa can't stop getting stuck on the rocky walls, even when he's ahead at full speed.
4. Fatal Flame Falls's elevator is gone: maybe a faulty trajectory?

Beyond that, it is still challenging and good-looking despite why it is all different; I can only imagine how the 3rd HUB would be if it was actually finished.

PS: I beat the game with 130 stars, because I shouldn't have to edit the ROM to compensate the broken down stars and I do apologize, but rather I wanted to see if there's any extra such as the star replicas.

This is basically why I was a bit late with Ztar Attack, but I won't continue this until Ztar Attack is completed.
The idea is basically to turn every vanilla sm64 level into an extreme challenge, which will progressively, after having warmed you up, push your skills to their limits. SM64 Masters Challenge

(24-06-2017, 09:08 AM)Mariocrash Wrote: So after enjoying the beta that I did on my stream, I'd like to give some reports of it I've encountered during the gameplay:

1. Some stars feel like they are incomplete (C6 reds are missing) or have the same star number (C10 stars 5 and 6 are the chill bully's star; C13 star 2 is star 1).
2. Bunch of collision problems making easy-going places inaccessible, like getting on top of the slide tube in C11 for the red coin--I had to BLJ through to get it.
3. Koopa Canyon's race is broken: Koopa can't stop getting stuck on the rocky walls, even when he's ahead at full speed.
4. Fatal Flame Falls's elevator is gone: maybe a faulty trajectory?

Beyond that, it is still challenging and good-looking despite why it is all different; I can only imagine how the 3rd HUB would be if it was actually finished.

PS: I beat the game with 130 stars, because I shouldn't have to edit the ROM to compensate the broken down stars and I do apologize, but rather I wanted to see if there's any extra such as the star replicas.

Well it is a beta version after all, lol.
Gone for a while.

Super Mario Star Road « 1 2