SM64 Editor 2.0.6 « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 »
Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Could you add in the importer a whole body import thing so we can import all of our body without separate parts

(25-11-2016, 10:54 PM)Cyborg Wrote: Could you add in the importer a whole body import thing so we can import all of our body without separate parts
Bad idea. Unless you don't want any of his limbs to move. Just learn how to use Kaze's Importer and importing a new body isn't all that hard.
If you like original and fun to play content, check out my current major Super Mario 64 romhack, Superstar Plumber!

https://goo.gl/photos/do7wQSPoqfv4x68D7

When I import a stage it crashes, any help?

In the Music Settings tab, the names for High Score and Star Catch are swapped. As far as I can tell, this has always been the case and I guess people never really noticed or just forgot to mention it.
It's not a big deal but there's no reason to not swap the names.
Also is there a way for us to change the names of the Instrument Sets ourselves? Just wanted to change NInst08 & 10 to (Mario SFX) instead of just (SFX). Those seem to be the only two that have sounds from the one sound bank while 00-07 & 09 have random sounds from multiple sound banks, but it is useful to have those specify that they're Mario sounds.

Other than that, don't really have anything else to suggest at the moment besides extra Mario parts for the Custom Importer. Don't see why we should have to use a separate program to import the rest of Mario's body when we can already replace his Head, Torso and Bottom in the SM64 Editor.

Well I guess an option to import as Areas 2-4 would be awesome, I know there's another program already that can do this but might as well have that in the Main Level Importer.

(20-12-2016, 01:08 AM)StupidMarioBros1Fan Wrote: lawng comment

Agreed! Also good to see you aren't dead, with the Instrument Sets video and your very detailed post.
(This post was last modified: 20-12-2016, 02:16 AM by BaconBoy.)
If you like original and fun to play content, check out my current major Super Mario 64 romhack, Superstar Plumber!

The collision tab gives me this glitch:
[Image: oZrOD7c.png]
Help?!

Skeletons, when I use this program this happens.

My rom is the one on the world minus thread, and I used the Mico extender on it. (When I just open the vanilla rom the program gives me an error when extending)

https://goo.gl/photos/bc3sbnxRLCK41Riu8
Got Akira Himegawa's 10 Zelda Manga's for christmas, I can die happy now.

Also, I don't think this program has support for little-endian (.n64) or byteswapped (.v64) ROMs either. Some N64 ROMs that are freshly dumped have an appearance of every two bytes been swapped around. As such, even the game code and game title is in this format too. Like for instance, instead of "SUPER MARIO 64", it would say "USEP RAMIR O46" and instead of the game code saying "NSME", it says "N MS E".

This is actually a form of encryption that was used on Nintendo 64 ROMs. It's just simply using a NAND-type algorithm. It can very easily be deciphered, just by simply swapping every two bytes around, just like how the in-game hex values are read in the same way too.

Also, it would be nice if there was some feature that would allow you to save the ROM as either byte-swapped format big endian format or little endian format.

Edit: Either way, I'm positive the Nintendo 64's native ROM encryption processing format is Little Endian.

Edit 2: My bad, those formats are not actually considered as encryption, it's actually a way of processors reading bytes. Either Big-endian is from left to right, while little endian reads the every certain number of bytes from right to left. While byteswapping can only use two bytes at a time.
(This post was last modified: 24-01-2017, 12:24 AM by Platinum Lucario.)

(06-01-2017, 12:25 AM)Gamecubed Wrote: My rom is the one on the world minus thread, and I used the Mico extender on it. (When I just open the vanilla rom the program gives me an error when extending)

https://goo.gl/photos/bc3sbnxRLCK41Riu8

What error does SM64 Editor provide when using a vanilla ROM? SM64 Editor will automatically invoke sm64extend if it detects a vanilla ROM, decompressing it in place.

(23-01-2017, 11:33 PM)Platinum Lucario Wrote: Also, I don't think this program has support for little-endian (.n64) or byteswapped (.v64) ROMs either. Some N64 ROMs that are freshly dumped have an appearance of every two bytes been swapped around. As such, even the game code and game title is in this format too. Like for instance, instead of "SUPER MARIO 64", it would say "USEP RAMIR O46" and instead of the game code saying "NSME", it says "N MS E".
sm64extend has support for byte-swapped (.v64) ROMs, but it looks like SM64 Editor is trying to do some detection before passing it along to sm64extend, so that's why it isn't working. You can avoid this limitation by manually running sm64extend on the .v64 ROM and then opening the output of that in SM64 Editor. I didn't have a little-endian (.n64) ROM on hand to test with, so support for that was omitted.

(23-01-2017, 11:33 PM)Platinum Lucario Wrote: Also, it would be nice if there was some feature that would allow you to save the ROM as either byte-swapped format big endian format or little endian format.
Most SM64 hacking tools operate on big-endian (.z64) ROMs. If you want a different format in the end, I recommend using a tool like ucon64 to convert to the desired format.

(23-01-2017, 11:33 PM)Platinum Lucario Wrote: Either way, I'm positive the Nintendo 64's native ROM encryption processing format is Little Endian.
Actually, the N64's native byte order is big-endian.

I have a problem, every time when the level importer expend my rom ther is a error message
Help me please

SM64 Editor 2.0.6 « 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 »