SM64 Editor 2.1.3 « 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

(16-06-2016, 10:58 PM)Skeletons Wrote: Preview of working semi-transparent layer in 1.9.6.

OOOH YESSSS I'M BACK
[Image: Mastery_sketchup.png] [Image: Mastery_paintdotnet.png]

I would like to report a few problems that I have experienced with SM64 Level Importer 1.9.5S. Let me know if any more details are needed or if there is anything else I can do to help fix these issues.

1. Some PNG textures fail to be imported
For some reason, the importer fails to import colormap (indexed) PNG images. The importer still claims "level imported successfully" and there are no errors in the log file. The only indication is the absence of "[Alpha Mask]" and "Texture Pointer" statements in the log file. The attached "test_openscad.zip" archive includes a full example of these textures. The result is the importer uses BBH textures instead:

[Image: zSBkXhG.png]

2. GUI crashes if the first material texture does not exist
For example, in the attached test_openscad.zip, if you rename or delete the surface_image/Sand.png file, and try to load the .obj model, the importer GUI will crash:
[Image: 3mTuzle.png]

Unhandled exception details:
Spoiler :
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at ObjImportGUI.MainForm.UpdateCollision()
  at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
  at ObjImportGUI.MainForm.MtlFile_TextChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_Text(String value)
  at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.set_Text(String value)
  at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.set_Text(String value)
  at ObjImportGUI.MainForm.CollisionFile_TextChanged_1(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at ObjImportGUI.MainForm.objFile_TextChanged_1(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at ObjImportGUI.MainForm.LoadObjButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

3. GUI keeps first texture always open
This prevents changes to the texture until the importer GUI is closed. This might be related to #2. Process Explorer can show this file handle left open, after selecting a model, but before importing it:
[Image: GitAMLI.png]

4. Windows 10 and "side-by-side configuration is incorrect"
I recently was able to try Windows 10 for the first time and tried to run the SM64 Level Importer. When trying to import a level, I received the following error message when cvt.exe was called:
[Image: 4Z2ZHZL.png]
This was also reported in the SM64 Help Thread and the only resolution that I could find was to update to a more recent version of ImageMagick's convert.exe. This had the side effect of causing the alpha channel mask to have its colors inverted. However, while reading through the ImageMagick documentation, I discovered that there is a newer command that can be used. If you update to IM 6.9.x or 7.0.x, you can use the following command in place of the ones that use "-channel matte -separate +channel -negate":
"%s" -alpha extract "BMP3:%salpha.bmp"
See this post for more details about why the upgrade is needed where "side-by-side configuration is incorrect" is seen: http://origami64.net/showthread.php?tid=377&pid=2542#pid2542
(This post was last modified: 24-06-2016, 07:13 PM by queueRAM. Edit Reason: update ImageMagick info )

Attached Files
Size: 105.17 KB / Downloads: 54 .zip   test_openscad.zip

Is there any way I can run this on Linux? Or more specifically, the Raspberry Pi minicomputer?

(01-07-2016, 02:05 PM)Essem Wrote: Is there any way I can run this on Linux? Or more specifically, the Raspberry Pi minicomputer?

I think for the software, you could use a modified version of wine for x86 (if on Pi 3 x64), just look it up, while for the emulation (as you may know) use RetroPI.
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2016, 08:46 PM by RobiNERD.)
Lorem Ipsum.

(01-07-2016, 02:05 PM)Essem Wrote: Is there any way I can run this on Linux? Or more specifically, the Raspberry Pi minicomputer?

There are several obstacles to overcome with running the SM64 Level Importer on a Raspberry Pi. First, the importer uses both .NET for the GUI and Windows PE32 executables for the backend. I imagine mono on the Raspberry Pi can handle the .NET GUI. On Linux, one can usually use wine to run Windows executables, but this doesn't emulate a full x86 processor, it just provides the Windows API hooks needed to run an x86 executable on an x86 processor. There may be some tricks you can do with qemu to get it to emulate an x86 processor.

Even if you get that far though, I could not get the importer to run on Linux because of some Windows-specific path methods used in the Importer GUI as specified in number 5 of this post above.

(01-07-2016, 08:41 PM)RobiNERD Wrote: I think for the software, you could use a modified version of wine for x86 (if on Pi 3 x64), just look it up, while for the emulation (as you may know) use RetroPI.

RobiNERD, I know you are trying to be helpful, but this information is incorrect. There is no such thing as "Pi 3 x64" and you can't just run wine on a Raspberry Pi. If you have info to the contrary, please include supporting information and links in your posts.

(03-07-2016, 04:08 AM)queueRAM Wrote:

There are several obstacles to overcome with running the SM64 Level Importer on a Raspberry Pi. First, the importer uses both .NET for the GUI and Windows PE32 executables for the backend. I imagine mono on the Raspberry Pi can handle the .NET GUI. On Linux, one can usually use wine to run Windows executables, but this doesn't emulate a full x86 processor, it just provides the Windows API hooks needed to run an x86 executable on an x86 processor. There may be some tricks you can do with qemu to get it to emulate an x86 processor.

Even if you get that far though, I could not get the importer to run on Linux because of some Windows-specific path methods used in the Importer GUI as specified in number 5 of this post above.

(01-07-2016, 08:41 PM)RobiNERD Wrote: I think for the software, you could use a modified version of wine for x86 (if on Pi 3 x64), just look it up, while for the emulation (as you may know) use RetroPI.

RobiNERD, I know you are trying to be helpful, but this information is incorrect. There is no such thing as "Pi 3 x64" and you can't just run wine on a Raspberry Pi. If you have info to the contrary, please include supporting information and links in your posts.

I used linux mate and a program to pull the pi3's 64 bit potentials and I managed to get x64 behaviors. Managed to run most windows apps, but PE32 behavior is not fully supported by wine infact at the start of the obj importer you vet an error. Sorry I did not have the chance to try it when I wrote that post....
Lorem Ipsum.

Version 2.0 is up with many significant improvements, see the main post.

awesome stuff S keep on doin what you doin.

I already have sum suggestions that I thought about:

1. Being Able to revert models on the Custom Importer
2. Integration with the Area Importer, (if not make a superior version), which allows importing of Area 3 as well.
3. Ability to import over the original SM64 Level Models in addition, (So there's like 16 or maybe more courses)
4. Support for Object Bank 0x0F
5. Support for Level Script Commands such as the 0x28 Command, and the 0x33 Command, for example.
6. Support for Paintings and the Ripple Effect
7. Animation Commands for Textures?
Signed---A quite strange fellow

Do semi-transparencies work using fog?
Also, it seems that the music patch kills previous roms
[Image: Mastery_sketchup.png] [Image: Mastery_paintdotnet.png]

SM64 Editor 2.1.3 « 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 »