Paper Mario Help Thread « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

(26-08-2016, 04:08 AM)chilly0123 Wrote: Hello, i'm curious about hex editing badges in Paper Mario myself but struggling to find the range (offsets?) for them.  I mainly just want to find the BP costs to equip each badge to edit those values, not too concerned about editing effects just yet.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, i am using the Paper Mario (U) [!].z64 version of the rom.

The badges are found troughout 10FAA0-10FB9F.
Gone for good.

(26-08-2016, 07:27 AM)RobiNERD Wrote:
(26-08-2016, 04:08 AM)chilly0123 Wrote: Hello, i'm curious about hex editing badges in Paper Mario myself but struggling to find the range (offsets?) for them.  I mainly just want to find the BP costs to equip each badge to edit those values, not too concerned about editing effects just yet.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, i am using the Paper Mario (U) [!].z64 version of the rom.

I'm seeing almost all double zeros here, nothing that looks like BP costs to equip a badge or FP costs to use badge effects at all. Am i using the wrong version of the rom file?

(27-08-2016, 02:50 AM)chilly0123 Wrote:
(26-08-2016, 07:27 AM)RobiNERD Wrote:

I'm seeing almost all double zeros here, nothing that looks like BP costs to equip a badge or FP costs to use badge effects at all. Am i using the wrong version of the rom file?

No, thats where the badge effects are stored. Im sure luigi1er did a tool able to modify costs. (see wiki or hacking arckive)
Gone for good.

Maybe not, the luigi1er made a tool to change enemies stats and the itens on shops.

(28-08-2016, 08:31 AM)junninx Wrote: Maybe not, the luigi1er made a tool to change enemies stats and the itens on shops.

It also has features for badges and prices
Gone for good.

My tool features the ability to change badges in both Rowf's badge shop and Merlee's. Moreover, you can change the cost of star pieces for the last one. However, it cannot help you change BP and FP costs. I already tried to locate these values, but I stoppped because I wasn't sure when these values were loaded : is it when you get the badge, open the inventory, the file or even the game? Knowing that will be very useful for people who are looking for these values.

Hello, i'm new here. I just got the Mario Mache hacker, and a Paper Mario ROM from Emuparadise, but when I try finding the ROM on the Open Rom list, it's nowhere to be seen! I would really like an answer, as i really want to hack my ROM Big Grin

(08-09-2016, 12:34 AM)Coltonandgen Wrote: Hello, i'm new here. I just got the Mario Mache hacker, and a Paper Mario ROM from Emuparadise, but when I try finding the ROM on the Open Rom list, it's nowhere to be seen! I  would really like an answer, as i really want to hack my ROM Big Grin

You have made a post, so you unlocked the "Pirate Board" http://origami64.net/showthread.php?tid=137 (Modifiable ROMs, scroll down for pre-unzipped). The ROM on emuparadise is in n64 format, you will need a z64:

Z64:
[Image: z64.png]
N64:
[Image: n64.png]
(n64 is little-endian z64 is big-endian, z64 is clearly easyer to understand so hacking is actually done on the z64 rom)
Gone for good.

(08-09-2016, 08:16 AM)RobiNERD Wrote:
(08-09-2016, 12:34 AM)Coltonandgen Wrote: Hello, i'm new here. I just got the Mario Mache hacker, and a Paper Mario ROM from Emuparadise, but when I try finding the ROM on the Open Rom list, it's nowhere to be seen! I  would really like an answer, as i really want to hack my ROM Big Grin

You have made a post, so you unlocked the "Pirate Board" http://origami64.net/showthread.php?tid=137 (Modifiable ROMs, scroll down for pre-unzipped). The ROM on emuparadise is in n64 format, you will need a z64:

Z64:
N64:
(n64 is little-endian z64 is big-endian, z64 is clearly easyer to understand so hacking is actually done on the z64 rom)

I downloaded that ROM you gave me in the link, but it STILL doesn't want to show up on the app.

(08-09-2016, 08:13 PM)Coltonandgen Wrote:
(08-09-2016, 08:16 AM)RobiNERD Wrote:

Z64:
N64:

I downloaded that ROM you gave me in the link, but it STILL doesn't want to show up on the app.

Have you un-zipped it? Post a screenshot of your problem, I reccomend postimg.org for posting
Gone for good.

Paper Mario Help Thread « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12 »