Paper Mario Help Thread « 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

04: Mario Cheer 
(04-06-2016, 01:31 PM)RobiNERD Wrote:
(02-06-2016, 05:04 PM)SuperColinTV Wrote: Hey, so I'm pretty new. I was wondering how I can change the textures of the characters?

Paper Mario 64 or TTYD? If 64 this thread will help: http://origami64.net/showthread.php?tid=382 if TTYD, for what I know, you can use this thread also if Outlaw seems to have discovered a new way: http://origami64.net/showthread.php?tid=131 and if 64, some textures might be compressed in Yay0 format so you can decompress them with a program, but I'd reccomend waiting for clover to compress your newly generated textures.

Yeah, I guess waiting for Clover would be the best idea. Thanks!

(05-06-2016, 04:36 AM)SuperColinTV Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 01:31 PM)RobiNERD Wrote:
(02-06-2016, 05:04 PM)SuperColinTV Wrote: Hey, so I'm pretty new. I was wondering how I can change the textures of the characters?

Paper Mario 64 or TTYD? If 64 this thread will help: http://origami64.net/showthread.php?tid=382 if TTYD, for what I know, you can use this thread also if Outlaw seems to have discovered a new way: http://origami64.net/showthread.php?tid=131 and if 64, some textures might be compressed in Yay0 format so you can decompress them with a program, but I'd reccomend waiting for clover to compress your newly generated textures.

Yeah, I guess waiting for Clover would be the best idea. Thanks!

But wait, it depends from what you want to edit...

Spoiler :
Made with MSPAINT, I know its shit:

[Image: Untitled.png]
Gone for good.

Hello, I'm trying to use the Hack Rod v1-0 by Lu1g1er but the program does'nt working well.

I can't see the icons and others things ...

Can someone tell me what I need to work 100% in windows 7 S1 ?

I had the last version from Java 8.91, Microsoft.NET framework 4.6.1 and Visual C++ 2015.

(25-06-2016, 03:06 AM)junninx Wrote: Hello, I'm trying to use the Hack Rod v1-0 by Lu1g1er but the program does'nt working well.

I can't see the icons and others things ...

Can someone tell me what I need to work 100% in windows 7 S1 ?

I had the last version from Java 8.91, Microsoft.NET framework 4.6.1 and Visual C++ 2015.

You must create a folder and unzip the tool with some other stuff found there... just copy the stuff to your new folder...
Gone for good.

(25-06-2016, 02:21 PM)RobiNERD Wrote: You must create a folder and unzip the tool with some other stuff found there... just copy the stuff to your new folder...

Thanks, but does not work.

Another question, my paper mario is .rom, and i didn't find a good answer about the differences of .rom, just .z64 and .v64.

My question is, what is the best one ? The purest one, so i can translate it without worry.

(26-06-2016, 03:27 AM)junninx Wrote:
(25-06-2016, 02:21 PM)RobiNERD Wrote: You must create a folder and unzip the tool with some other stuff found there... just copy the stuff to your new folder...

Thanks, but does not work.

Another question, my paper mario is .rom, and i didn't find a good answer about the differences of .rom, just .z64 and .v64.

My question is, what is the best one ? The purest one, so i can translate it without worry.

Z64 as it is byteswapped. Also the other roms may have stuff in other hex adresses so...
Gone for good.

What's the difference (if any) between Paper Mario (U) [!] and Paper Mario (USA)?

Edit: To be clear, I know each rom contains the same contents and they both contain 41,943,040 bytes, so they are the same size, but are they different in any other way?
(This post was last modified: 31-07-2016, 03:36 AM by Drewworks.)
[Image: FJdRvVq.png]
Click the image to go to the PM:Hacking Archive
ᴼᴴ ᴴᴵ ᵁᴾ ᵀᴴᴱᴿᴱ\(ಠ_ಠ)

The first one uses big-endian byte ordering, which makes the rom's data easier to read and is thus more likely to be compatible with tools. The second one uses middle-endian byte ordering. You can quickly tell what ordering you have by looking at the file extension (z64 = big-endian, n64 = middle-endian, and I think v64 = little-endian).

Here's a pic of the header data to illustrate the difference between the two:

[Image: e405a9587f6277c43036c1ae1b8cba7d.png]

Wow. This is extremely interesting. I had no idea endianness was even a thing. I've actually never heard of the term so I found an explanation on this ( https://www.cs.umd.edu/class/sum2003/cmsc311/Notes/Data/endian.html ) website.

Thanks for the clarification Shygoo!
[Image: FJdRvVq.png]
Click the image to go to the PM:Hacking Archive
ᴼᴴ ᴴᴵ ᵁᴾ ᵀᴴᴱᴿᴱ\(ಠ_ಠ)

Is it possible to replace the soundfonts in Paper Mario 64 with different ones?

I liked the idea of the HD Paper Mario retexture, and wondered if it would be possible to also "upgrade" the soundfonts to their equivalents from the later games (and perhaps make one if later games fail to have one represented at all).

Paper Mario Help Thread « 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 »