Paper Mario Help Thread « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 »
Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

BaconBoy Wrote:Rename it. Tongue
You can't just rename it, the byte orders are different.

Ciancraft48 Wrote:How do you convert the .n64 file into a .z64 file?
You could use a byteswapper on the rom, but it would be easier to just download a z64 formatted rom. Here's one http://www.completeroms.com/thankyou.php?id=108691

(18-11-2016, 06:29 PM)RobiNERD Wrote:
(18-11-2016, 06:26 PM)Qwoll Wrote: Also, are there any Paper Mario hacks already out there that I can play?

Hard mode

Are there any hacks other than that? That actually have landscape differences and stuff?
(This post was last modified: 31-03-2017, 07:51 PM by Qwoll.)

Not until Clover's tool gets released.
This is my signature

Hello im new to modding and have a rom of Paper Mario (U) but the textures seem to be messed up in certain spots such as the white curb in Toad Town, and the file select screen is there a way to fix these issues?

Hi, I recently saw Clover's video about hacking PM64 and saw the chance to write the Paper Mario story I thought they would have made by now. I am a decent writer but have zero experience hacking or dealing with code. What are some basics links or videos that would explain the basics of hacking for PM64? Most of what I have read so far has gone over my head.
This would be a hobby I plan to work on for the next few years.

I would like to  make an ASM hack that replaces all items, save for a few, with pebbles. What I want to do is practically get rid of all items save for Dried Shrooms and a few other kinds of items. Where should I look for when debugging? Is it just easier to manually change all the items in each location?

So, I'm trying to edit some text, but the character limit keeps messing it up (e.g. renaming "Koopa Leaf" to "Turtley Leaf" causes it to display as "Turtley Lea"). Any idea how I can fix this?

(12-06-2017, 05:11 AM)binarystep Wrote: So, I'm trying to edit some text, but the character limit keeps messing it up (e.g. renaming "Koopa Leaf" to "Turtley Leaf" causes it to display as "Turtley Lea"). Any idea how I can fix this?

The problem is that the game can only store so much text. Since only 10 characters have been allocated to store "Koopa Leaf", your new name for it must be 10 characters or less.

(12-06-2017, 06:06 PM)Protozoa Wrote: The problem is that the game can only store so much text. Since only 10 characters have been allocated to store "Koopa Leaf", your new name for it must be 10 characters or less.

So wait, it's literally impossible to make item names longer?

I'm sure it's possible, but to avoid overwriting other data you would probably have to move the name to another place in memory and update a pointer. I'll take a look at this tonight if I have time.

Paper Mario Help Thread « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 »