Paper Mario Help Thread 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

12: Question 
Self explanatory. Ask questions, get answers.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2015, 05:00 AM by Skeletons.)

Is the Unused Rage Badge editable in anyway? Does the RNG truly determine what action Mario takes?
[Image: e2TzCWP.gif?1][Image: k9lxoos.png]

Yes* and yes.

* = not with origami though. You have to do it manualy by yourself.

Will there ever be a paper Mario world editor?

Skelux(Skeletons) is currently focused on PM64 so maybe not but then again, it's a Flash fan game, I doubt he'll want to touch that.
Gone for a while.

(07-02-2015, 06:25 PM)Mr. GreenThunder Wrote: Skelux(Skeletons) is currently focused on PM64 so maybe not but then again, it's a Flash fan game, I doubt he'll want to touch that.

No I meant the paper Mario 64 world terrain.

Could have been more certain- Yes.
Gone for a while.

Is Skelux currently making a "Paper Mario 64 World Terrain" editor? And I do see the post above, but I'm very curious about the up coming fan games.
[Image: 2n3sep.jpg]

Is it possible to place chests/? boxes within the game with a Beta Badge inside?
[Image: e2TzCWP.gif?1][Image: k9lxoos.png]

Luigi1er has done some work with elements of the overworld, involving changing positions of objects such as warp pipes , flip panels, etc. So there is progress that's been made in editing overworld elements. As goes for terrain editing, I've not seen anything yet. It's a bit more complicated, but since many N64 games are similar it may be as easy as modifying an existing map editor for an N64 game.

EDIT : As a side note, I'd like to ask a question about emulators with debuggers. Nemu64 has a decent memory debugger that allows you to see the assembly code and set breakpoints and whatnot. Is there a version of Project64 (or another, more up-to-date) emulator that has these features? Nemu64 is great and all, but sometimes it can be a little buggy. For some reason, I thought deleting my Paper Mario saves was a good idea, so I figure I might as well start with a better emulator to make saves if I'm going to be playing through the game again, making save states at convenient locations (for messing with the ROM of course!)
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2015, 04:13 AM by Crashing Thunder.)
[Image: 2wKJA6Y.png]

Paper Mario Help Thread 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 »