PMTTYD Models 1 2 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

12: Question 
Hi, I'm new here and I've played Paper Mario The Thousand-Year Door for a while in my GameCube, and I also have the game in a Dolphin Emulator. I was wondering if there's a way to show the sprites or models of the characters in the game to turn them into images or at least show them with a program. I entered in the Filesystem of Paper Mario in the Dolphin to found something but almost all the files doesn't have a type of file. What I want most is to found the full model of the Shadow Queen with her hair and everything. If there is a way to achieve it please tell me.

Hello, Alfonso720. Correct me if I'm wrong but Shadow Queen isn't an actual model, actually a sprite or 2D image. So you can get the sprite by using the Texture dump option in dolphin.
Gone for a while.

(08-09-2015, 06:56 AM)Mr. GreenThunder Wrote: Hello, Alfonso720. Correct me if I'm wrong but Shadow Queen isn't an actual model, actually a sprite or 2D image. So you can get the sprite by using the Texture dump option in dolphin.

Thank you for the reply. Well, I actually marked the Dumb Textures but it just takes the textures of just a few of characters and items, mostly of them coming from Rogueport where was the first time I marked that option. In this video is shown how this user hacked the game and in the minute 1:26 she is shown with all her textures, because the only thing that I've found about her in some sites is a sprite without her hair and brightness on her body.

(08-09-2015, 06:56 AM)Mr. GreenThunder Wrote: Hello, Alfonso720. Correct me if I'm wrong but Shadow Queen isn't an actual model, actually a sprite or 2D image. So you can get the sprite by using the Texture dump option in dolphin.

No all the objects which seem 2d or 3d are models, with vertices and stuff. Though you would just get the textures with texture dump, I think he wants the bigger 3d one.

I marked the Dump Textures in Rogueport but the emulator just creates textures of everybody and everything there

Yeah it does that by dumping textures from the ram

There is actually a tool to view this stuff, and the guy who made it documented a bunch. it looks like this http://hocuspocus.taloncrossing.com/rii/pmviewer41.gif though I haven't tested it
http://hocuspocus.taloncrossing.com/rii/ (everything prefixed with "pm" got something to do with paper mario 1 2 or 3)
why isn't paper mario 2 hacking a thing?

I downloaded the pmviewer program and I extracted a file of the game (Disc/a/c_gonbaba) from the Dolphin but it doesn't work like the preview. However, I downloaded the 2.0 and it worked just a bit.
[Image: 6I0uaBvWQ7B0gNee0r2Tew34brNX0RNRqlIx6GZX...gmRdw=s550]

I found her files, (c_q_kage along with others with the same name) however, as I said before her hair is separated from her body and the brightness is not working at all. If there's a way to take a screenshot of her complete body, I'd be so happy since she hasn't any artwork in her shadow form.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2015, 12:28 AM by Alfonso720.)

Maybe the hair is in a seperate model, perhaps? Also, I don't think there's an easy way to get it with the lighthing.
Gone for a while.

I'm not sure, the other files are the same name "c_q_kage" but with "c_q_kage_b" and sometimes "c_q_kage-" the files with the symbol - doesn't work in the pmviewer, though her hair is already in some files with her but the hair isn't put correctly.

Check out this thread. It might help you out a little or it might not. ( http://origami64.net/showthread.php?tid=131 )
[Image: FJdRvVq.png]
Click the image to go to the PM:Hacking Archive
ᴼᴴ ᴴᴵ ᵁᴾ ᵀᴴᴱᴿᴱ\(ಠ_ಠ)

PMTTYD Models 1 2 »