PM64 Modeling Discussion « 1 2 3 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Neat trick, but not necessary. My tools already completely dump all maps and textures.
Dumping in any other way is... inadvisable. You are missing the scene tree along with many specific flags, "model type" data, render mode information, N64 display lists, proper texture names, etc etc. Not to mention collision data and other invisible geometry.

If you're interested in using an external 3D modeling application, I have good news on that front: I have fixed the OBJ exporter/importer to handle UVs properly and the texture dumper now creates OBJ material libraries. I've tested the following pipeline:
PM64 ROM -> Star Rod Map File -> OBJ File -> 3DSMax -> Edited OBJ File -> Import OBJ to Star Rod -> Modified ROM

(03-08-2015, 10:48 PM)clover Wrote: Neat trick, but not necessary. My tools already completely dump all maps and textures.
Dumping in any other way is... inadvisable. You are missing the scene tree along with many specific flags, "model type" data, render mode information, N64 display lists, proper texture names, etc etc. Not to mention collision data and other invisible geometry.

If you're interested in using an external 3D modeling application, I have good news on that front: I have fixed the OBJ exporter/importer to handle UVs properly and the texture dumper now creates OBJ material libraries. I've tested the following pipeline:
PM64 ROM -> Star Rod Map File -> OBJ File -> 3DSMax -> Edited OBJ File -> Import OBJ to Star Rod -> Modified ROM

Thanks for all this information.
This is great news.
I can't wait to see this with my own eye's.

Any chance we can get another video demo in the coming weeks?

(06-08-2015, 12:24 AM)Drewworks Wrote:
(03-08-2015, 10:48 PM)clover Wrote: Neat trick, but not necessary. My tools already completely dump all maps and textures.

This is great news.

I'll put something together and make a thread so we can keep the discussion focused there.

(09-08-2015, 01:50 AM)clover Wrote:
(06-08-2015, 12:24 AM)Drewworks Wrote:

This is great news.

I'll put something together and make a thread so we can keep the discussion focused there.

Perfect!

How did you get the file DrewWorks?

(22-11-2016, 12:13 AM)Gamecubed Wrote: How did you get the file DrewWorks?

I guess he did export vrml on lemmy's (nemu64 combine debug) video debugger.
Gone for good.

So, would it be possible to make a model import plugin? Since how that works is when the model is loaded into the ram it is copied and can be exported. Would it not be possible to import into the ram?

(22-11-2016, 02:30 PM)Gamecubed Wrote: So, would it be possible to make a model import plugin? Since how that works is when the model is loaded into the ram it is copied and can be exported. Would it not be possible to import into the ram?

I would look for the f3dex2 offsets but im not that good with that yet. I dont really know how the debbuger works
Gone for good.

@Dreworks

Can you tell me how to rip models for my upcoming sm64 mod? Thank you.
Got Akira Himegawa's 10 Zelda Manga's for christmas, I can die happy now.

This is quite easy and i read the history and apparently drew uses an outated method. they are quite similar though.

Download and extract project64 2.3.9999 debug edition ( https://github.com/shygoo/project64/releases/download/snapshot3/pj64d-snapshot-3.zip ), select options and settings, at the bottom of the left you'll find plugins, select video (graphics) plugin and choose Nemu64 Graphics (combine debug), press apply then ok. now open your paper mario rom, go to the area where you need the model and press f2 (fn+f2 for hp laptops) until you see the whole area paused. Now go on options and configure graphics plugin, check "Export VRML", press ok, and quickly press f2 twice, the game must be paused again, not more than 2 times as it may cause problems. while paused close the emulator, also if you just see the background.

You have the model. now you open blender and press a twice, x, click on delete, click file>import>X3D extensible 3d and press the ^-.. thing (first result) in any folder you are, press it many times untill pressing it lets you remain in the same directory, now you will open the "VRML" folder and open output.wrl. now go and press export>obj and choose where to save it and with what name. done!
Gone for good.

PM64 Modeling Discussion « 1 2 3 »