SM64 Show-off Thread « 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Here is a little side project I've been working on.  Smile
Spoiler :
[Image: 0YJe55K.png]

[Image: REsY3Ld.png]

[Image: H0q8C26.png]
It's a level viewer (not editor) that is made in Javascript and WebGL (with Three.js). I wanted to teach myself javascript, so I came up with this as my first project. I plan to finish up the rendering and post the source code for other people to see and use. Unfortunately the way that WebGL draws triangles is order dependent, so I have to deal with some transparency issues. Hopefully I can find a way a good way to fix it.
Spoiler :
[Image: dLGnLYT.png]
I'm not making this a level editor for multiple reasons:
1.) I can't find a good GUI library for WebGL (I'm having some issues with Zebkit)
2.) If you wanted to save changes to the rom, then you would have to download the entire ROM. (Extended ROMs are between 24MB and 64MB by the way).
3.) You can't quick-start straight into an emulator (See #2).
4.) It would definitely be a lot slower than a desktop application would be. (It is javascript after all)
(This post was last modified: 23-07-2015, 01:57 AM by David.)

Awesome work, I have been considering making a level viewer with WebGL but you beat me to it! Tongue

As impractical* as it may be, you could probably port the source directly to node-webkit and get all those features that you can't have in a regular browser.

*impractical because the size of the runtime is ridiculous:
[Image: 48433d217ecc4c8dd72f2373e77355cf.png]
(This post was last modified: 24-07-2015, 06:34 PM by shygoo.)

sonic the hedgehog
Model pack coming soon? who knows.
Gone for a while.

make a not super tall mushroom
"I sexually identify as a sexual attack bowl of frosted flakes." - MWeegee 2016

#stopwidescreenoppression

(23-07-2015, 12:54 AM)David Wrote: Here is a little side project I've been working on.  Smile

Spoiler :
[Image: 0YJe55K.png]

[Image: REsY3Ld.png]

[Image: H0q8C26.png]
It's a level viewer (not editor) that is made in Javascript and WebGL (with Three.js). I wanted to teach myself javascript, so I came up with this as my first project. I plan to finish up the rendering and post the source code for other people to see and use. Unfortunately the way that WebGL draws triangles is order dependent, so I have to deal with some transparency issues. Hopefully I can find a way a good way to fix it.

Spoiler :
[Image: dLGnLYT.png]
I'm not making this a level editor for multiple reasons:
1.) I can't find a good GUI library for WebGL (I'm having some issues with Zebkit)
2.) If you wanted to save changes to the rom, then you would have to download the entire ROM. (Extended ROMs are between 24MB and 64MB by the way).
3.) You can't quick-start straight into an emulator (See #2).
4.) It would definitely be a lot slower than a desktop application would be. (It is javascript after all)

Good work, there is a good webgl library (GREAT!) BabylonJS, Try it out
Gone for good.

A stage Ported from Super Mario 3D Land. Smile
[Image: attachment.php?aid=329]
(This post was last modified: 14-02-2016, 02:31 PM by RosalinaDaHacker64.)

Attached Files    
[Image: RosalinaDaHacker64%2Bbanner.jpg]

May the stars shine down on you... (/_^)
˙°☆ ˙°☆ ˙°☆

Doesn't seem familiar... Unused level?
Signed---A quite strange fellow

That looks professionally done.
Gone for a while.

10: Star 

I imported the Crystal Star from Paper Mario TTYD in Super Mario 64 and gave it a Crystal effect. Smile
I made the Crystal Star model myself, but the texture for the Crystal was taken from Paper Mario TTYD.

(07-07-2015, 07:33 PM)David Wrote: 0111BA6B / 0700A168 [ B7 00 00 00 00 04 00 00 ] // Set geometry mode
0111BAC3 / 0700A1C0 [ B6 00 00 00 00 04 00 00 ] // Clear geometry mode
I used those Display list commands for the effect. David found them in the metal cap palace data.

Goddamn that looks great!
Gone for a while.

SM64 Show-off Thread « 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 »