Paper Mario Hacking Archive « 1 2 3 4 5
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Added the ability to submit projects/rom hacks that all I will have to do to add them to the archive is approve them.

This feature will probably not be very important until Clover's tool is released, but it will definitely come in handy then due to more rom hacks being produced and worked on. The ascetics of the submission form will likely be changed in the future to look more appealing, but for now it really isn't too important.

Edit:
Already changed the ascetics of the submission form and added some option drop down boxes for options that are fixed to a set number of options, for example whether the project is complete or incomplete.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2016, 11:45 AM by Drewworks.)
[Image: FJdRvVq.png]
Click the image to go to the PM:Hacking Archive
ᴼᴴ ᴴᴵ ᵁᴾ ᵀᴴᴱᴿᴱ\(ಠ_ಠ)

Hi, I don't know if it will interest people, but I found a place in the ROM where you can change a 2-bytes data to change a sound effect. It's in Windmill Area and 0xbef072 is the adress for the "Card Appearing" sound. There's also 0xbef22e for when you touch the Star Card in the same area.

The new sound can : be nothing, make the game crash or be different.

The most interestings are :
- 00f0 : Mailbox
- 0134 : Heart Block Heal
- 0161 : Long Fall
- 0162 : Mario Stumbling
- 0163 : Pipe Use
- 0211 : Coin Got
- 0269 : Key Lock Opened
- 026a : Key Lock Bonk
- 0290 : Kooper Launch
- 02e0 : Ice Bolt Launch
- 0355 : Turning Ninjakoopas' Whirligig*
- 0368 : Shy Guy's Slots
- 0371 : Game Over Sign

I got them up randomly, so there are a lot more to get found.

(26-08-2016, 08:01 PM)Luigi1er Wrote: Hi, I don't know if it will interest people, but I found a place in the ROM where you can change a 2-bytes data to change a sound effect. It's in Windmill Area and 0xbef072 is the adress for the "Card Appearing" sound. There's also 0xbef22e for when you touch the Star Card in the same area.

The new sound can : be nothing, make the game crash or be different.

The most interestings are :
- 00f0 : Mailbox
- 0134 : Heart Block Heal
- 0161 : Long Fall
- 0162 : Mario Stumbling
- 0163 : Pipe Use
- 0211 : Coin Got
- 0269 : Key Lock Opened
- 026a : Key Lock Bonk
- 0290 : Kooper Launch
- 02e0 : Ice Bolt Launch
- 0355 : Turning Ninjakoopas' Whirligig*
- 0368 : Shy Guy's Slots
- 0371 : Game Over Sign

I got them up randomly, so there are a lot more to get found.

Wow, very interesting, i have played around juite a bit with this, only is there a way to actually edit for instance the mailbox sound with the long fall or is the card appearing and the star card sounds the only things you got so far?
Lorem Ipsum.

Yes, there is. I didn't test it before, but now I can confirm you can change it if you search in the area data for the mailbox sound. I even tested it with the ice bolt launch with Cristal King and the value for that is a little before its value attack. Which make me wondering if these values can lead us to more interesting data?

(27-08-2016, 05:40 PM)Luigi1er Wrote: Yes, there is. I didn't test it before, but now I can confirm you can change it if you search in the area data for the mailbox sound. I even tested it with the ice bolt launch with Cristal King and the value for that is a little before its value attack. Which make me wondering if these values can lead us to more interesting data?

Interesting... well hopefully there may be a way to easily import mono wavs over thse sound effects...
Lorem Ipsum.

College life has limited the time I've been able to get on here.

I'll update the archive with Luigi1er's information sometime tonight or tomorrow. Also I ran into this just a few minutes ago on reddit. Might interest some of you. https://www.reddit.com/r/papermario/comments/4zytu5/pm64_interactive_object_hacking/

EDIT:
Didn't notice that was you on reddit RobiNERD, great stuff!
(This post was last modified: 28-08-2016, 05:42 PM by Drewworks.)
[Image: FJdRvVq.png]
Click the image to go to the PM:Hacking Archive
ᴼᴴ ᴴᴵ ᵁᴾ ᵀᴴᴱᴿᴱ\(ಠ_ಠ)

(28-08-2016, 05:31 PM)Drewworks Wrote: College life has limited the time I've been able to get on here.

I'll update the archive with Luigi1er's information sometime tonight or tomorrow. Also I ran into this just a few minutes ago on reddit. Might interest some of you. https://www.reddit.com/r/papermario/comments/4zytu5/pm64_interactive_object_hacking/

EDIT:
Didn't notice that was you on reddit RobiNERD, great stuff!

Well it was Luigi1er doing most the stuff I mentioned there so I guess you should thank him too!
Also, I got the rotation stuff, the 6 bytes after the location bytes are respectevely 2 for x, y and z!
(This post was last modified: 28-08-2016, 05:57 PM by RobiNERD.)
Lorem Ipsum.

Paper Mario Hacking Archive « 1 2 3 4 5