Paper Mario Hacking Archive « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Clover brought up the point that Nintendo frowns upon hacking and since they are cracking down on SMW hacks right now they might feel the need to start stopping other hacking communities while they are at it. I'd like to hope that he is still working in the project in the background.

I'll keep you posted with information as it becomes available.

Again if you have any other questions feel free to pm me or post within this thread.

P.S.
I haven't updated the web archive in a while due to no recent progress. The second progress is made in any form I'll update the web archive.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2015, 05:02 AM by Drewworks.)
[Image: FJdRvVq.png]
Click the image to go to the PM:Hacking Archive
ᴼᴴ ᴴᴵ ᵁᴾ ᵀᴴᴱᴿᴱ\(ಠ_ಠ)

I honestly doubt Nintendo cares about this (being Paper Mario 64 hacking). The reason they're cracking down on SMW hacking is because of how similar it is to Mario Maker. They have no reason to spend money to thwart other hacking communities like this one.

Making a tool that is capable of editing a game is nothing wrong legally, and really, making a game with said tool won't get you into trouble either. You may get a cease and desist if your game actually starts becoming something that could rival the original game (doesn't happen all that often as that is pretty difficult), but that just means you have to stop. So you stop.
[Image: 2wKJA6Y.png]

I completely agree with what you're saying, but sadly i don't see it changing Clover's looks on things.

I haven't been in contact with him for a while, I assume he his dealing with his school work, job, or something to that extent. Whatever it is I hope to see him back here soon...
(This post was last modified: 17-11-2015, 12:07 AM by Drewworks.)
ᴼᴴ ᴴᴵ ᵁᴾ ᵀᴴᴱᴿᴱ\(ಠ_ಠ)

Yeah i hope he comes back too... Mario maker better then Lunar Magic?! not in a million years! i tried remaking Brutal mario world in Mario maker. journeys ends sunset and darkness can't be inserted. fire bros can't. chargin chuck can't, and many more things! Lunar Magic still is the better one. I couldn't even remake the first BMW level (journey begins) the MM maps are too frickin small! Nintendo should make em bigger and allow us to use more blocks! (BMW lively water for example... i had to get rid of many blocks just to make it complete! and it looked miserable after that!) they even erased the remaked catch Yoshi level! Nintendo really starts to make me mad! and... the cruelest of all... only able to upload 10 levels!? 10!? they do realize that some peoples want to make a full fledged "world" right? My last level was Kirbys adventure 1-1! and it looks so bad without the bigger capacity! and without a custom tileset! i would use Lunar Magic more then this piece of junk! yeah it was funny... FOR A SHORT TIME! EVERYWHERE KAIZO LEVELS IN EXPERT! EVERYWHERE! they should make a new difficulty called KAIZO! (and maybe automatic too) I just can't believe MM to be better then Lunar Magic! not, until they get rid of all the problems!

Mario Maker and Lunar Magic are different beasts. For the truly creative people who want to design asthetically pleasing and themed levels, Lunar Magic is the obvious choice. But there are certain advantages and pros for Mario Maker, mainly the ease at which you can create and share your levels. But anyways, this isn't really about Paper Mario 64 hacking anymore, which reminds me: I'M REALLY ANXIOUS ABOUT ACTUALLY HACKING THIS GAME. I was doing simple hex editing stuff earlier this year but stopped because I saw Clover's tool.

*goes back to the theme* yeah! I was also hoping he would release it. now i will not be able to update my Mod with more unused badges! oh well... maybe we only need to wait? I am sure he is going to release it!

I haven't gone away. I've been busy with work for the last few weeks. In my spare time, I managed to add a few extra features. My tools now allow custom icons, editing attack scripts, and editing animations. As for the mod I've been working on, I am up to chapter 4 of the story.

That's great to hear! I'm really curious to see the attack script editing. Any ETA on when you'd feel comfortable releasing the tool?

uhm... you are not going to release a demo of your mod? i also released demos thats why i am asking.

Hey everyone!

I've redesigned the website to make it a much more user friendly experience.

All the information on the archive is up-to-date as of today, July 4, 2016.

~Happy birthday to you American folks!~
ᴼᴴ ᴴᴵ ᵁᴾ ᵀᴴᴱᴿᴱ\(ಠ_ಠ)

Paper Mario Hacking Archive « 1 2 3 4 5 »