Paper Mario Hacking Archive « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

(16-07-2015, 08:19 PM)clover Wrote: Quick update: Yesterday I discovered how the attack/item scripts are organized and encoded. I can already dump them, very soon patching them will be possible as well. This means that we will be able to add completely new custom moves and badges.

I'm excited to see this all come together!

I'm not sure about the requirements or limits to this, but do we know if it will be possible to inject a rom edited with clover's tool for play on a wii? I imagine it probably depends on the size/extensiveness of the mod.

(27-08-2015, 03:29 PM)ughwire Wrote: I'm not sure about the requirements or limits to this, but do we know if it will be possible to inject a rom edited with clover's tool for play on a wii? I imagine it probably depends on the size/extensiveness of the mod.
The main problem I see with trying to inject a hacked rom on to the Wii is that the Wii doesn't run N64 Roms.

The N64 games that are on the Wii's virtual console have been reworked by Nintendo to run on the Wii.

Now I use homebrew on my Wii quite frequently to play back ups of my Wii games that I have. It's very possible that there is a N64 emulator built for the Wii's homebrew channel and if there is then you could definitely play the hacked N64 rom on the Wii with the emulator.

Edit: There is in fact a N64 Emulater for the Wii's homebrew channel. http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii64
(This post was last modified: 27-08-2015, 04:27 PM by Drewworks.)
[Image: FJdRvVq.png]
Click the image to go to the PM:Hacking Archive
ᴼᴴ ᴴᴵ ᵁᴾ ᵀᴴᴱᴿᴱ\(ಠ_ಠ)

I suppose I should have been more specific; I was talking about wad injection (replacing the rom file in the virtual console file itself, and then reinstalling it on the wii). IIRC Skelux's Super Mario Star Road wasn't able to be injected because the file was too large, so I had wondered about the likelihood of future PM projects being able to be injected. His Paper Mario Hard Mode was able to be injected, but that was only a simple stat edit, rather than level edits, so we'll have to wait and see when Clover's example mod drops.

There is indeed an N64 emulator available, and luckily Paper Mario is nearly 100% compatible, so the future looks bright on that end. Wad injection would only be preferred because it would likely be more stable.

(27-08-2015, 04:25 PM)ughwire Wrote: I suppose I should have been more specific; I was talking about wad injection (replacing the rom file in the virtual console file itself, and then reinstalling it on the wii). IIRC Skelux's Super Mario Star Road wasn't able to be injected because the file was too large, so I had wondered about the likelihood of future PM projects being able to be injected. His Paper Mario Hard Mode was able to be injected, but that was only a simple stat edit, rather than level edits, so we'll have to wait and see when Clover's example mod drops.

There is indeed an N64 emulator available, and luckily Paper Mario is nearly 100% compatible, so the future looks bright on that end. Wad injection would only be preferred because it would likely be more stable.

Ok, I see what you're talking about. I'm not very familiar with injecting wad files (replacing the file within the virtual console's files).

I suggest you ask Clover via private message and post your conversation here.
(This post was last modified: 27-08-2015, 04:40 PM by Drewworks. Edit Reason: Grammer )
ᴼᴴ ᴴᴵ ᵁᴾ ᵀᴴᴱᴿᴱ\(ಠ_ಠ)

This is something I have been thinking about, though it is not a very high priority for me (I test using both Nemu and P64). By re-compressing existing assets and compressing other assets that aren't ordinarily compressed, several Mb of extra space becomes available. I do not currently make use of this extra space, but I very well could. The more important constraint is the RAM. Since there isn't a nice large section of contiguous unused RAM, I simply load all the necessary tables and asm to 80400000+ at boot time. I don't know whether these locations are addressable on a real N64 (assuming an expansion pack is installed). Does anyone know the answer to that?

Awesome to see the progession in this project!

(08-06-2015, 10:15 AM)The Green Thunder Wrote: Progress so far, Dear god this is so hard! I just can't get that body to look right!

[Image: K31b5Sl.png]

I had the same idea sometime last year, I figured the best way to get it to work is to pull a mario galaxy.
As in use a recolored Mario's body and Luigi's head, but even then, his necks long af idk man

Just wanted to let whoever is interested know that further work on Clover's tool has been put on hold due to the SWM hacking crack down. Fortunately, I'm pretty positive that this crack down on hacks is due to the release of Super Mario Maker's. Which is a really fun game by the way.

If anyone has any question please pm me and I'll get back to you asap.

Clover, if you see this post please feel free to expand or correct any information that I have given. We all deeply appreciate your work and hope to see you back on top of things soon.

Sincerely,
Drewworks
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2015, 04:49 PM by Drewworks.)
ᴼᴴ ᴴᴵ ᵁᴾ ᵀᴴᴱᴿᴱ\(ಠ_ಠ)

Why would the SMW hacking crack down have an effect on Clover's Paper Mario 64 modding suite?

Anyways...I'm glad to at least hear something about the PM Modding Suite. I'm still waiting with anticipation for it but was about ready to give up. Annoying that Nintendo feels the need to be a dick to the SMW hacking people (I was one of those once upon a time), but I guess I can see why they would want to make sure people don't see videos of romhacks and think it's from Mario Maker.
[Image: 2wKJA6Y.png]

Paper Mario Hacking Archive « 1 2 3 4 5 »