Paper Mario Hacking Archive « 1 2 3 4 5 »
Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

I have a problem i've been trying to figure out for a year now, Is there any way to modify paper mario or paper mario the thousand year door's graphics? I would like to replace Mario With Luigi, I've been trying to do this with paper Mario 64 using project64's texture editing capabilities but have had no luck.
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2015, 09:02 AM by The Green Thunder.)
Have At You!

Have you checked out my other thread?

http://origami64.net/showthread.php?tid=131

My other thread contains a tutorial on how to use custom textures in ttyd. Give it a look.

Edit:
Replacing Mario with Luigi in ttyd would probably take a day or two considering the amount of different sprites Mario has in the game and the amount of testing that would need to take place to get Luigi looking good, but it's definitely possible with enough drive. I'll upload my Kooper custom sprite pack for ttyd later on this week so you can test it out and see how it works. (I'll probably post it in that thread about ttyd custom textures/sprites.)

Best of luck
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2015, 03:08 AM by Drewworks.)
[Image: FJdRvVq.png]
Click the image to go to the PM:Hacking Archive
ᴼᴴ ᴴᴵ ᵁᴾ ᵀᴴᴱᴿᴱ\(ಠ_ಠ)

Many Thanks Drewworks! I'll give it a shot, fantastic job on Kooper by the way!
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2015, 08:09 AM by The Green Thunder.)
Have At You!

Progress so far, Dear god this is so hard! I just can't get that body to look right!

[Image: K31b5Sl.png]
Have At You!

Hey Drewworks, can you please upload your Kooper textures? I would really love to use them! Big Grin
Have At You!

Yeah, Luigi's shoulder is a bit above his head.
Gone for a while.

(14-06-2015, 10:36 AM)The Green Thunder Wrote: Hey Drewworks, can you please upload your Kooper textures? I would really love to use them! Big Grin

I've uploaded my Kooper files for you (there is a link at the bottom of my tutorial ), but as you've found out on your own it's going to be difficult to get Luigi looking proper. You'll probably have to redesign some of luigi's sprites.

Let's also move any other conversation about this topic to the TTYD Custom Texture Thread Click Here. Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 30-07-2015, 12:41 AM by Drewworks.)
ᴼᴴ ᴴᴵ ᵁᴾ ᵀᴴᴱᴿᴱ\(ಠ_ಠ)

Quick update: Yesterday I discovered how the attack/item scripts are organized and encoded. I can already dump them, very soon patching them will be possible as well. This means that we will be able to add completely new custom moves and badges.

(16-07-2015, 08:19 PM)clover Wrote: Quick update: Yesterday I discovered how the attack/item scripts are organized and encoded. I can already dump them, very soon patching them will be possible as well. This means that we will be able to add completely new custom moves and badges.

That's great! This is starting to seem like it'll be a very versatile tool and I really look forward to seeing the extent to which it is able to modify the game.
[Image: 2wKJA6Y.png]

(16-07-2015, 08:19 PM)clover Wrote: Quick update: Yesterday I discovered how the attack/item scripts are organized and encoded. I can already dump them, very soon patching them will be possible as well. This means that we will be able to add completely new custom moves and badges.

That's great to hear! Keep up the amazing work!
ᴼᴴ ᴴᴵ ᵁᴾ ᵀᴴᴱᴿᴱ\(ಠ_ಠ)

Paper Mario Hacking Archive « 1 2 3 4 5 »